If IPad mini does exist...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matty27, Aug 3, 2012.

1. matty27 macrumors newbie

What do you think the odds are of it being the Hybrid LCD/E-Ink display? There was a patent filed by Apple in 2009 for the hybrid screen... Wouldn't it be fitting for them to not only take on the smaller sized tablet market, but also go after the e-readers as well?

As much as I like my iPad, I still use my Kindle Touch for reading books...E-Ink is far superior in that regard..

Apple already had a decent catalog of books.. And all these rumors of an iPad Mini really has my hopes up..

If apple were to release such a device for... $250 I think it would dominate the the smaller Galaxy, Fires, Nexus, Kindles, Nooks, etc..

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

That looks like a defensive patent to me. I cannot imagine Apple making screens.

3. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

They can license it to companies to manufacture them right?

4. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I would like to see Apple make an ereader to rival the Amazon Kindle it would be cool to do that.

5. docprego macrumors 65816

Doubt this technology would make it into a "bargain" priced Apple product. Sounds more like a showcase feature for a premium Apple product. I'm expecting the iPad Mini to be a downsized iPad 2 in terms of internal and screen technology, as well as camera(s).