If iPhone 4 Didn't Get Lost In A Bar, It Wouldn't Have Leaked.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Sep 21, 2011.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

People seem so surprised that the 5th iPhone has not leaked (despite the images floating around of what looks like a slightly modified iPhone 4), but if you think back to it there were no pictures of the iPhone 4 being assembled or leaked parts.

Apple didn't want that to leak because of the major redesign and they are DEFINITELY keeping this 1 under SUPER lock and key because of what happened last year.

I think we can all agree that these rumors have been the most widespread and contradicting that we've ever seen though.

Hoping the next iPhone lives up to the hype, but looking back on past events, they might not have a WOW factor.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone 4 was leaked via other means then the bar leak. There where at least two pictures/videos out from Vietnam.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Yea but just like now you would not have believe them

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Yet the iPhone 4(s) has been leaked on several occasions already. I'm not saying the iPhone 5 is not going to happen this year, but more of a chance that we are not going to see the redesign everyone is worshiping about.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The one was very authentic looking. It was running the "fireball" program on its screen and allowed people to look at it's screen with a microscope and proclaim a very high resolution screen. Something not very common before the iPhone 4. Better yet, a beta of iTunes recognized it as an iPhone, but gave no name or picture. It just said "iPhone needs to be restored before it can be used".

6. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

I love speculating but don't know what to believe./

One side of me thinks the new iPhone will be a "4S" because of what Apple did from the 3G to 3GS.

Another side of me thinks we're going to get a redesign because the competition is INTENSE and if they use the iPhone 4's design they'll be criticized for Attenagate.

All I want is an A5 Processor, a little more screen real-estate, 64GB, 8MP Camera and anything else is a bonus. Oh and October availability.

7. smotheredhope macrumors regular

guys, c'mon. Enough with the dreams of a fully redesigned iPhone 5. The iphone 4 may not have leaked in its entirety but we still had confirmation of the supply lines (much like we have for the iphone 4s now) on all of the last iphones. There has been ZERO confirmations of anything other than some case manufacturers. The odds that there is a completely redesigned iphone 5 this year are slim to none. And quite frankly that pisses me off.

With that said, this is apple we are talking about and it wouldn't be even CLOSE to the first time they have let us down so Im not sure why people are acting suprised

----------

bingo. no bigger screen. but you will get your processor and 8 mpxl camera. And they made us wait 16 moths for this. fackin apple

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

9. na1577 macrumors 6502a

There were two iPhone 4 leaks that occurred way before the Gizmodo leak but nobody realized it until later. The first one was in January, the morning of the iPad announcement. The second one was in February, when a picture of the internals surfaced on Twitter (that one was noted when the Gizmodo leak came out).

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

But it leaked several times, not just from the bar. There's no way of knowing it wouldn't have been leaked by an employee later. It has definitely forced Apple to kick security up a notch, but there could still be a leak yet.

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

That is why my hopes are not high. We have potential parts pictures all over for iPhone 4S but nothing solid on a revision.