If iphone gets stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xyraxel, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Xyraxel macrumors newbie

Hello

I have a mobileme subscription and have it synced with my iphone.
    here is a scenario if my iphone gets stolen, is it a way I could stop mobileme syncing with it ?
    and lets say the guy adds a few contacts to my phone which will sync with mobileme and end up on my mac, is there a way I could stop that from hapening without keeping a passcode
    cheers n merry xmas to ya all :D

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

MobileMe should verify before syncing several new contacts, and if it gets stolen, you should probably call AT&T and have it disconnected ASAP. not sure if that helps. Try checking your settings in MobileMe, too. There should be some sort of device option.

3. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

If your phone gets stolen, report it.

Report it to AT&T -- they'll mark the IMEI as stolen. Sure, the thief can change this (if it's a 2G), but it's an easy way to make the thief's life harder.

Oh, stopping it from syncing is easy: change the account password.

4. tylertech macrumors regular

If they do enter new contacts, just wait for them to enter something like 'Home', track down the address and call the police :D