Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
I'm on 2.2.1 because I'm boycotting 3.0 (in my own mind). I'm just hoping 4.0 is better. Perhaps I'll finally upgrade my OS.

wow.... no real comments but... wow... 2.21 I would ****ing shoot myself without the 3.0 features...

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
wow.... no real comments but... wow... 2.21 I would ****ing shoot myself without the 3.0 features...

Yeah well, the only feature I like from 3.0 is copy and paste and it's not a huge deal for me.

I can't use MMS or Push Notifications and I want landscape as much as I thought I wanted it.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah well, the only feature I like from 3.0 is copy and paste and it's not a huge deal for me.

I can't use MMS or Push Notifications and I want landscape as much as I thought I wanted it.

if your not Jailbroken, there is NO reason to not upgrade to 3.1.3 besides maybe speed on a 3G... but thats just my opinion..

either way if you ARE jailbroken I think OS 4.0 is going to be a joke... probably No themes, no customization... maybe multitasking but probably not as good as multiflow, lots of limitations to multitasking... texting needs to be able to reply without closing an application.. (bitsms)

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
if your not Jailbroken, there is NO reason to not upgrade to 3.1.3 besides maybe speed on a 3G... but thats just my opinion..

either way if you ARE jailbroken I think OS 4.0 is going to be a joke... probably No themes, no customization... maybe multitasking but probably not as good as multiflow, lots of limitations to multitasking... texting needs to be able to reply without closing an application.. (bitsms)

I'm on an iPhone 3G and I don't like how is slows my phone down and that's not something I wanna put up with for just copy and paste (which I hardly used anyway).

Since I don't have 3G internet access, I don't need Push Notifications or MMS. Also, the bluetooth audio quality isn't very good for music.

I'm also saving a TON of money by not buying apps anymore. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I'm on an iPhone 3G and I don't like how is slows my phone down and that's not something I wanna put up with for just copy and paste (which I hardly used anyway).

Since I don't have 3G internet access, I don't need Push Notifications or MMS. Also, the bluetooth audio quality isn't very good for music.

I'm also saving a TON of money by not buying apps anymore. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

No internet access, no push notifications, no MMS, no apps...now that is definitely a SWEET DEAL!

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I hope that the new OS will feature ringer profiles - i.e. you could set your ringtone, your message tone, your email tone, or your 3rd party notifications to whatever you want. Or, you could set them all as silent, or only some with sound, or vibration, or any combination that you like. In terms of ringer profiles the iPhone is really behind. Even my Nokia loner phone offers such options - I really hope that the iPhone offers profiles - and not because I can make some professional SMS tones, either! :D It just makes sense, Apple! Come on!

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I hope that the new OS will feature ringer profiles - i.e. you could set your ringtone, your message tone, your email tone, or your 3rd party notifications to whatever you want. Or, you could set them all as silent, or only some with sound, or vibration, or any combination that you like. In terms of ringer profiles the iPhone is really behind. Even my Nokia loner phone offers such options - I really hope that the iPhone offers profiles - and not because I can make some professional SMS tones, either! :D It just makes sense, Apple! Come on!

Yeah... how about timed profiles too? Like silent during 9-5 Monday through Friday and loud from 5-12 and silent from 12-9 or something like that. Oh, and loud on the Weekends (except at night).

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
New Notification System

iPhone 3G user for 18 months, then 4 months on android, and now returning to an iPhone I just realized how horrible the notification system is.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I predict there will be no lag...on the 3GS.

Unless of course this year's iPhone is going to be even more powerful than the 3GS... so 4.0 will lag on the 3GS while the new iPhone will run it really smoothly. Then the iPhone 3G will absolutely choke to death on it.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
To all the people saying that the 3G and 3G S won't have multitasking or will only have a watered down form of it, don't assume anything. Just wait until thursday and we will see what there is. I would love if my 3G S gets multitasking, so I'm just going to hope it does instead going into thursday with the notion in my mind that it won't happen

back on the topic of the thread, I would also love getting new SMS tones, whether they are stock ones like they are now or being able to make my own on iTunes. But like I said before, just wait until thursday

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
...new SMS tones, I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm so tired of the default SMS tones, but I really don't feel like jailbreaking.

Hopefully they'll give us new ones or simply let us change them ourselves without resorting to hacking.

EDIT: Since nobody is talking about the original post, I might as well add: I also wish Apple would slim down the OS a little bit to make it more tolerable on the original iPhone and iPhone 3G, but that won't happen.

Aren't you the one who made like several threads stating you were giving up your iphone and going to an ipod touch? :confused:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Aren't you the one who made like several threads stating you were giving up your iphone and going to an ipod touch? :confused:

Yup! Returned the iPod touch. I didn't like it. Piece of crap.

I can't give up my iPhone. It's perfect.

JSMencer

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
I cant wait to find out what 4.0 has to offer. I will update immediatly. If it isnt good, and a new iPhone in June/July isnt worth it, I might be switching phones.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
What's the difference when you don't have a data plan? :confused:

The difference is... I can have unlimited text, phone, iPod, notes, camera and calendar events on one device. Show me an iPod touch that can do that.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
...new SMS tones, I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm so tired of the default SMS tones, but I really don't feel like jailbreaking.

Hopefully they'll give us new ones or simply let us change them ourselves without resorting to hacking.

EDIT: Since nobody is talking about the original post, I might as well add: I also wish Apple would slim down the OS a little bit to make it more tolerable on the original iPhone and iPhone 3G, but that won't happen.

Oh I just read this after posting a new thread saying as much.

I totally agree with you Spaz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.