If iPhone storage is bumped up at MacWorld Expo...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daveecee, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Daveecee macrumors regular

Okay, so I'm planning on buying an iPhone 3G as soon as I can. Christmas is coming around, and I probably just weaseled my way into getting one as a gift. However, after looking around, I found out that it's likely that Apple may announce a storage update at the MacWorld Expo in early January and bump storage up to 32GB. My question is, how likely is it that, if announced, a 32GB iPhone would be available very soon after? If it would take several months to release, I would just go ahead and buy the current model. Otherwise, I can wait a few more weeks.

Also, any word on whether they would remove the 8GB model and downshift prices, or whether the 32GB model would be $100 more than the 16GB? ($399 right?)

Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

doubt the prices will change for current models, just an increase in price for the 32

4. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I think the typical iPhone user won't even use all the storage available in the 16gb models... but some people out there like to get the biggest and baddest, and Apple is ok with that. more money for them.

5. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

I have a lot of music ;P

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

There are people out there who fill up 160GB iPod Classics (When these still existed).

Movies take up a lot of space.