Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khrystafir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Hi alls,

Been lurking for a while, first time posting. I'm just wondering when we might KNOW that the MBA is being released tomorrow (if, indeed, it actually is). Will we know sometime tonight, or tomorrow morning sometime...? How does the flow of information usually work for hardware that isn't iPad/iPhone? What has happened in the past? Just curious. Thanks for your comments.

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
No one knows anything till Steve Jobs presses the big red button and the n the MacBook airs walk onto the shelfs and inventory floors of the shops :p

In all seriousness we'll likely see the Apple online store down for an hour between 1am and 9am. Thats normally a sign.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You'll know when either Apple issues a press release or the store comes back online after the post it note.

Sometimes a sentry at Apple headquarters will fire a flaming arrow over 1 Infinite Loop foreshadowing a new hardware release the next day.

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
I think it's usually in the morning, so they can have them available when the stores open around 9am.

sjshaw

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2004
You'll definitely know no later than 8-9 AM EST when the Apple stores open back East.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I would assume we would get some additional rumors tonight if it is coming tomorrow?

Bloodraw850

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Florida
You'll know when either Apple issues a press release or the store comes back online after the post it note.

Sometimes a sentry at Apple headquarters will fire a flaming arrow over 1 Infinite Loop foreshadowing a new hardware release the next day.

I thought I saw the flaming arrow the other night but I'm not sure. The time I got to my window it was gone, but I'm thinking it was the sign... are just a cars headlights passing by :confused:

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
I would assume we would get some additional rumors tonight if it is coming tomorrow?

Not necessarily. There have already been tons of rumors, it could pretty much be any day now. Well, more like it could be any tuesday or thursday now, as those are the days Apple releases new stuff usually.

NurJahan

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
With all these preparations, if the MBA does not come out, I expect some will get suicidal.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.