Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pat500000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
When I start up my mac pro 2010 5,1, the dvd drives makes that clicking noise. I have a cd in it...but I don't think it's suppose to make that drive repetitive clicking noise. Is that a problem? If so, what should I do?
Another thing, i noticed that my MP makes a buzzing/vibrating noises at times...is that a problem? If so, what should I do?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
When I start up my mac pro 2010 5,1, the dvd drives makes that clicking noise. I have a cd in it...but I don't think it's suppose to make that drive repetitive clicking noise. Is that a problem? If so, what should I do?
Another thing, i noticed that my MP makes a buzzing/vibrating noises at times...is that a problem? If so, what should I do?

Try few more CD / DVD, is it always have the same noise? It may be the DVD's problem, not the drive's problem.

Check your HDD. Open the side panel when the vibrating sound appear. Give a slightly push to the HDD tray to check if the sound stop / change. You can do the same thing to the CPU cage / PSU as well, if you believe the sound is coming from there.

Reactions: pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
Try few more CD / DVD, is it always have the same noise? It may be the DVD's problem, not the drive's problem.

Check your HDD. Open the side panel when the vibrating sound appear. Give a slightly push to the HDD tray to check if the sound stop / change. You can do the same thing to the CPU cage / PSU as well, if you believe the sound is coming from there.
OKay. Thanks. I'll check it out.
[doublepost=1460865180][/doublepost]

Okay. I just adjusted them. Hopefully it will work. I have another question. On the back of MP, there is a optic audio in/out. Is it suppose to turn red? IMG_0385.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.