if MacMall defective, replacement at Apple store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2Turbo, Mar 1, 2011.

1. 2Turbo macrumors 6502

2Turbo

If I bought a MBP from MacMall and it was defective or somehow messed up, could I take it into my Apple store (within 15 days) and get a replacement system? Or would they just only offer repair?

I'm just a little worried about ordering online with no return policy. I like no tax though.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Unless there was something big time wrong, you wouldn't get a replacement system. Apple would diagnose it and send it off for repair unless they deemed it should just be replaced outright.

Your thinking wait I'm within my 14 day return window, problem is that's Apple's return window if you bought from Apple not the 3rd party.

If you buy it from Apple and discover a problem within 14 days, then there's no problem doing a return for a new unit.

3. Davichi macrumors 6502

Apple will cover it. They are all covered under the warranty. However, your 14-15 days claim will not work with apple because you did not buy it from apple. So, don't expect apple to just bring out the new one and exchange it.

They might offer refurbished model or fix it.

If you like no tax, then do it with your own risk. Macmall doesn't allow returns on apple products like you said.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'm sure Apple would repair it for you if there's something wrong with it. Give you a brand new replacement, probably not.

5. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

I had one of the 27-inch iMacs when they first came out and had screen issues. MacMall did take it back but I had a heck of a time getting them to do it.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

2 days after I received my 13" MacBook Air from MacMall, I took it back to the Genius Bar at the Apple store because I had the wake-from-sleep issue. This was before the 2.0 EFI update, and Apple concluded that the logic board was faulty. Not only did they exchange it for an identical unit (brand new) out of their stock, they even gave me a new receipt with an updated date (so that my 1-year warranty reset from that date). From my experience, Apple is pretty good about honoring their warranty terms whether you purchased it from them or one of their authorized retailers.

7. jetjaguar Suspended

jetjaguar

I bought a 13in ultimate mba from macmall and there was an issue with the body creaking .. so I brought it to the apple store and after a bit of discussion they decided to swap it out for me. I believe the only reason they did it was because I had spoke to apple on the phone previously so there was a record on the issue.