If Mr. Samsung came knocking on your door..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

..and handed you a Galaxy S2 HD, and told you that you could use it for a month and then decide if you wanted to keep it, what would you do, oh loyal Iphone owner? Hand it back and say no thanks? For me, I would put my IP4 on the charger and see how good this thing really was.

2. aohus macrumors 68000

are you comparing the SGS II HD LTE to the iPhone 4, which is about 16 months old now?

not fair.

Sure, right now, as of today, I'd take the SGS II HD LTE over the iPhone4, but lets wait until October 4, and see how it holds up.

3. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I'm on my second iPhone. I bought the iPhone 3G when it first came out and then upgraded to the iPhone 4 when it was released. I consider myself a brand loyal guy when a a particular product meets my needs. I don't see myself switching to another brand of phone anytime soon.

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Um... seriously? Thats the best "what if" scenario you could come up with?

5. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I would take it and then sell it and use that money for an iPhone or for you know... to pay the bills.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If Mr. Samsung came knocking on my door and handed me a Galaxy S2 HD and I told me that I can test this phone for a month, at the end of which I had the option to keep it, and never once mentioned that I had to give up the iPhone.

Yes, I would keep the Galaxy S2 HD and my iPhone.

Their are no laws against owning two phone.

Or I would do what TheSuperSteve suggested and accept it, then sell it, since Mr. Samsung never gave me any Terms and Conditions.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I'll ask for a LED tv instead... Samsung makes great tv's

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If someone gave me a blackberry to use free for a month, I'd do it. Free is free.

9. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

You may as well have said "if someone offered you cash for free, would you take it?"

10. Atarikid macrumors regular

I am a Apple diehard for a very very long time (and still are). I use the iPhone from v1 up to 4. I also develop for OSX and iOS. Just love it.

But I have bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 about 2 months ago and ... I really hate saying this, Android is really really good. Every openminded individual (read: Apple diehards included) should try Android for a week and many will agree with me.
    As a developer I will keep making apps for iOS in the first place but it is very temping to convert my apps. I guess it is hard ignoring the Android market too.

About iOS5:
    Though iOS5 is a (small) step forward it still lacks neat features Android already has (animated wallpapers, widgets, easy file accessing, hugh customizing options, ..).

Said this, I am looking forward to hear about the new iPhone4S or 5. But it still will use iOS5 which is imo running late compared to Android. So I think I will skip iPhone4S or 5. Sad but true (and again .. thats hard to say as a Apple diehard).

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Android is clearly a decent OS, but it's more fragmented and just seems to lack that extra polish that comes from the closed iOS system. Beside that, no other phone manufacturer - for some reason I cannot comprehend - has designed a phone as neat and good looking as an iPhone. They all seem to have that similar cheap-ish plastic look and feel (that's not to say they perform worse). The best one I've seen so far is the SII, but still lacks something.

12. Atarikid, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

Atarikid macrumors regular

I agree, there is no nice looking Android phone (yet?). Though I really like the S2 for the cheer power and hugh screen it feels a bit cheap in the hand.
    I still have my iPhone4 and it feels much .. hmm .. robust. But picking up the iPhone4, the small screen feels a bit out dated if you got used to the big bright amolet of the S2.

About polished:
    That is also very true. But the good thing is, you can customize the UI to your likeness (hell - you can even make it look/behave like iOS). For some this is 'scary' stuff but many will love this.

Fair thing to say: iOS is polished out of the box. Android can be polished for everyone (if you take time to do all the customizing yourself).

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I would hold him at gun point and collect a billion dollar ransom.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd be surprised if anyone says no, it's basically a pile of money he'd be offering.

15. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-gb; Nexus S Build/GRK39F) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If Mr ZTE came knocking at my door with a freebie I'd take it.

I'm cheap, very cheap.

16. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

Samsung? I'd probably try it but go back to the iPhone since I have so much invested in iOS and the iPhone in general.

I'd throw the BB in the trash. Ok, maybe not if I'm expected to return it in a month. Either way, I wouldn't use it.

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

Essentially, I can see Galaxy S II HD and iPhone 5 will be nearly the same in specs INTERNALLY that just run different OSes. Even the ppi is getting close enough but the GSII HD has the bigger screen. Then we will see 2GHz or quad-core phones by next year

If a Galaxy S II HD? Probably.

If Galaxy Note? Definitely, yes. My only knock on this device is Sammy using the supposed PenTile screens. The ppi should be far less. But I wouldn't mind going back to a stylus. Go back to the old fashioned way of getting a girl's phone number but with a modern twist. And if I ever see a celebrity and don't have a paper and pen with me, I can always take a pic of them, use the background, and then have them sign it digitally. For people who love to draw, it is a dream phone. And bigger phones means better specs and bigger battery since you can pack more stuff on there than you could on a more compact and thin phone.

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I plan on going android If the next iPhone has no LTE so I'll take it.

19. bobthemarley macrumors newbie

First of all i would't want mr. samsung knocking on my door because I heard he was a "crazy guy". I really mean crazy.