Carrier If my pre-order is a month out...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ELPresidente720, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

T-Mobile says you've got a month (or is it 14 days?) to transfer your phone number from one carrier to the next. I assume the clock starts when you place the order. If my iPhone is coming in October, does that mean I'm just screwed?

2. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

What do you mean a month to transfer number?

I just placed an order at verizon store, it confirmed the following:
    Two year contract starts when the phone is shipped
    14 month money back window starts when phone is activated (I.e. When I call)

3. ELPresidente720 thread starter macrumors 6502

According to their CS folks, a month is all you get to transfer your number form one carrier to them (example: going from Sprint to T-Mobile). Since I may not get my phone for more than a month, I'm wondering if I'm just going to have to eat it and get a new number or what the deal is.

Almost everyone with a 6+ in their sights is in a month or more waiting period...

4. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

To transfer a phone numebr from one carrier to another.

so if you had an AT&T number and wanted to jump ship to T-Mobile, you could take your AT&T phone number with you (to T-Mobile) and not create a new one.

5. ELPresidente720 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep.

Nobody else is concerned? I can't be the only one.

6. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

I think the question is when does the month start? Does it start as soon as you sign up (now) or as soon as they start (I.e. When they charge your credit card)