If new iMacs are released this week, will refurb prices drop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by IrishDomer08, Apr 27, 2008.

1. IrishDomer08 macrumors newbie

If I decide I don't want to get the new refreshed iMacs that are rumored to be released this week, I am thinking of getting a current ALU iMac refurb. Once new/refreshed systems come out, will these slightly older models see any price reduction? If anyone knows from past experience, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The previous model refurbs will be cheaper, but they'll only be around for a shortish period.

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

although it's hard to know how long they will last considering they still have the old imacs available for refurb

4. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Yes, in that the refurbs also come with a 1 year warranty.

6. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

In some opinions, including mine, the refurbs are more reliable than new ones. They come with the same 1 year warranty but more importantly, they are put through more hardware testing than new ones b/c they were fixed. Refurbs from old generations come and go..and I've found the prices also change. Just stalk it out for a while and see what the lowest they are going for.

Also, with refurbs, there have been people who have gotten extra ram, hd, with the machines. I have never, personally, but I find them to be a fantastic deal with or without surprise upgrad.es