If Nike is same price why not?

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Why not just get there Nike version of it comes with more faces and it's same price idgi.

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2015
That’s what I did. I don’t really even care about Nike, but I was gonna get a silver aluminum anyway so figured hey why not. I dig the Nike band and faces

brentc133

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
Why not just get there Nike version of it comes with more faces and it's same price idgi.
I didn’t like the faces as most had the link to the Nike running app that couldn’t be removed or changed as well as the Nike running app is preloaded on the watch face and cannot be deleted. Kinda like advertising bloatware IMO.

Reactions: Starship67

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
I tried the Nike version and didn't like the perforated band and I'm not a sports loop fan. I'm also not interested in the Nike faces as I'm not interested in the new Color faces.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
You could always buy a band you like later. I never like the bands that come with the watch.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
Never had a Nike watch, but am I right in thinking if you use Siri to start a run, it launches the Nike app, not the Apple one? In which case, that's a reason not to get one - in my view at least.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Never had a Nike watch, but am I right in thinking if you use Siri to start a run, it launches the Nike app, not the Apple one? In which case, that's a reason not to get one - in my view at least.
If you uninstall the Nike app from the Watch Siri would use the default Workout app for your runs.

CreepyAF

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
i wanted the nike band and watch faces but also wanted a space black case. :(:(:mad: wish they had a nike version for stainless steel. i ended up having to buy a nike band, smh.

Reactions: ManicMarc

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
i wanted the nike band and watch faces but also wanted a space black case. :(:(:mad: wish they had a nike version for stainless steel. i ended up having to buy a nike band, smh.
Agree. As a runner I really liked the idea of a reflective band, but I also want the scratch resistant screen with the stainless steel.

Reactions: CreepyAF

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
Not everyone likes the Nike bands. Does the Nike come in every color?
The Nike comes only in the Silver and Space Grey Aluminum. I got the Space Grey with the Black Nike loop (reflective). Love the loop and like it much more than the "black" multicolored thread loop that comes with the regular space grey.

Also, while Nike Run Club might be on the watch itself... it doesn't come "installed" at least it didn't on my watch. I just use the Apple workout app when I go for a run. I have a specific Activity face that I use for running, and while I like the Nike watch faces, I don't use it for running. To sum up, I haven't really noticed the "Nike" branding getting in the way of anything I've been doing.

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
Because the Nike-bands looks like **** in my opinion.

This time around tho, since it's a new design and bigger model, I opted for the stainless steel-version. :)

//

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Because the Nike-bands looks like **** in my opinion.

This time around tho, since it's a new design and bigger model, I opted for the stainless steel-version. :)

//
I like the perforated standard Nike bands. Especially on the days I go gym.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Last year I grabbed a space grey S3 Nike. Sold the band for $100. Effectively got the Cellular model for $100 off. What's why I bought the Nike personally.