Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FetalSage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Then we'd hopefully see something like this:

nikeplusiphoneky6.jpg

Hehe. Just something I threw together in Photoshop, it's nothing great and I'm sure it's missing some information. But I think it would be nice to get such an interface from Nike+ while jogging.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Have fun...not too sure I'd be running with my iPhone.

That screen is just to nice to risk...not to mention it a fair bit larger then the Nano, or shuffle

dominatrix

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2007
in case they are smart ? i think they ARE smart. Almost everything nike does is right, they know what to do.. if worth doing this, just wait and you will see.

alric

macrumors member
May 10, 2004
I think the iPhone is too heavy to comfortably run. I find having a display when running is of little use.

What I would really like is Nike+ functionality added to the shuffle. No need then for armbands and what not.

Cheers!

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
I think its an awesome feature and it should be included.

If YOU don't run with a phone, then thats fine, but that doesn't mean it would not be a good idea for others.

I am currently running with my Nano and I carry my iPhone on me.

I carry a phone incase of emergencies or if someone from my work needs me. So for me (and others) this would be ideal since I am running with it ANYWAY.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Don't most people take their phone with them when they go jogging in case they get into difficulties?

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
You really can't get away, even for an hour to go running?

Wow.

Ease off. Maybe they mean emergencies as in injury or accident.

It's actually quite a sensible use of a phone, not everyone will be running in built up urban areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.