If not a developer, why get unfinished IOS6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by tmanto02, Sep 17, 2012.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Just wondering why people pay $100 to get an unfinished OS if you don't use it for developer purposes? Wouldn't you prefer a polished OS?

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Because people are insane and obsessed with having the latest and greatest, at any costs, including cash or usability.

3. irDigital0l Guest

some people just want to feel "special" and "cool"

4. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Yeah it just doesnt make sense to me, pay $100 to use an incomplete OS or free for the final version

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm sure statistically speaking a lot of the ones who are not developers get the OS by other means. They don't pay a cent.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The GM that was released last week isn't unfinished. There is a good chance that it'll be the exact same build as the version that is released on Wednesday.

Also, not everyone who has iOS 6 installed right now is part of the developer program.

7. ben824 macrumors regular

You didn't HAVE to pay this time if you were smart enough. There was a bug that didn't require the UDID like before so all you needed was the .ipsw file for your device and voila! I have been running it this way since iOS6 Beta 1. It updated Over The Air after that until iOS6 GM came out and I had to go snag that .ipsw file from the web to get it installed. It really has been very stable for the most part on my 4S. There were tiny glitches here and there and my phone randomly would restart once and a while (think it happened a total of 5 times since June) but for the most part it has been fun! The turn-by-turn has been a dream! FaceTime over cellular is very handy as well! The new UI look is a refreshing update to something I have been staring at since 2007. I also turned on the feature where it sends diagnostics data to Apple so that they can have reports from a real world user not just a developer. Figured it would help them to work out bugs if they were receiving diagnostics data from someone using it as a regular user.