If not iPhone 4, then what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Jul 2, 2010.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

I was just wondering what the people returning their iPhone 4 would be going to. I came from Android/ Evo and had a iphone 3GS prior. I just can't see these being options to the iPhone 4, but wanted to see what you guys think.

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

If I was unhappy with my iPhone 4 I'd probably just go back to my 3GS. But I'm not unhappy. So I have no problem ;)

3. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

If palm came out with new hardware that was at least on par with the iPhone, I would consider that.

6. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

I'd go back to my Razr. Seriously, the best phone I've ever owned outside the iPhone.

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I don't have an iPhone yet, so I haven't voted. I will probably get one eventually, though.

8. Peabody macrumors regular

+1! :D

9. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

10. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Nokia N8.

Or the Nokia N9 ( The one that looks like a N9 but has a Slider Keyboard)

I really want a 12MP camera. lol. But my first choice is the iphone (of course) so if things dont work out, Nokia, here i come......... again

P.S. I can hold my nokia the way I want :)

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

11. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Why? Customers always want higher MP cameras. All that does is cram more pixels on a sensor that's already too small, making the pictures dark and look like crap.

12. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Lol, did you forget theres better picture quality?? and the fact that the brightness can be adjusted...:p:p

13. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I've used the iPhones since 07. I loved the first gen iphone. I was super excited about the 3g, but wasn't hot about the 3gs. I wanted to wait for the new design. iPhone 4 is awesome. What an upgrade for me. But if I had to go other, it would be an HTC with an android OS. apple should be proud that they have been copied by google. I think they're doing alright. This is good for apple, because they need competition to stay creative.

14. biffarino macrumors member

the sensor in the 4 is actually pretty good. like you say, it doesn't need crazy pixel counts. i don't think there's a phone out there with a backlit sensor either - that's still pretty new tech even for cameras.

the cam on the 4 goes above and beyond everything i'd need from a camera phone - like capturing moment snapshots.

15. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

No he didn't. He's trying to explain to you that higher MP doesn't = better picture quality.

16. mire3212 macrumors newbie

simple, yet effective

as most photogs will say, the best camera, is the one you have with you. Personally, I don't carry any kind of point and shoot, even since 3Gs days. Now with the great sharpness and picture quality on the 4, i'm set. There are some tweeks of course we'd all like, but for the most part, it's a great camera. Besides, 5MP is more then enough to get a nice looking 8x10 print. (Still need to try one out for too)

17. Venator macrumors newbie

Indeed.

However lower MP is not automatically lower quality now either.

Just because Apple said that it is using a good sensor, doesn't mean that others don't use good sensors as well. Oh, and let's not forget the optics and lens eh. (the thingy that collects and focuses the light in the "good sensor")

In reality, the only way to compare phone cameras is to search online for sample pictures taken by them.

Here's apparently some N8 pictures. I'd say that on this matter it is equal to the iphone, if not better.

18. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Im not saying that the iphone4 has a crappy camera, i actually liked the camera quality alot. but im pretty sure the 12MP beast would win here... and nokia phones usually have ALOT of settings that you can change when using the camera. i use one so i know...

:cool::cool::p:p

19. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Just upgraded to a 3GS for $20 with contract renewal. I'll consider buying an unlocked 4 from Apple later this year after all the issues are resolved and sell the 3GS

20. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

I'm not unhappy and the only problem I've had, twice in two weeks, was the proximity sensor kicking in/out and my earlobe ending the call prematurely.
    Not enough to go back to my 3G(S) because the 4 is so much faster and has such a brilliant screen, I love it. And i expect Apple to come with an update in a week or two.

21. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

22. iphone.pct macrumors newbie

If you arent having any signal issues (or more to the point dont give a damn if the signal drops by 2 bars under some conditions) then is the best phone on the market by a good margin.

Or you could buy a plasticy android phone? :D

23. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm sticking with the iPhone4, but if I had to give it up, I'd probably just use a 3GS.

I like Android as a competitor and motivator to Apple, but I don't like the UI.