Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
So, if you don't want to use a wireless mighty mouse because you don't want to be an alkaline slave and want USB charging but want something similar in terms of footprint what would u go for? Want a wireless mouse to use with my Macbook Pro Unibody.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
i love logetech's mice...

do you want it wireless totally, as in bluetooth. Or wireless from a usb source, like most are?

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
i love logetech's mice...

do you want it wireless totally, as in bluetooth. Or wireless from a usb source, like most are?

Ideally, it should be Bluetooth and chargable/operable via USB port.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If it's Bluetooth, it won't use the USB port. It's either/or. Very few wireless mice actually recharge from the USB port. Most run on batteries. I prefer the Logitech VX Nano, with the smallest USB dongle on the market, that you can leave plugged in, even in a sleeve. Batteries last me 2-4 months.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Ideally, it should be Bluetooth and chargable/operable via USB port.

ya, won't find that.
have you thought about getting rechargeable AA batteries and a "dock" for them? The wireless mighty mouse battery should last a long time.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
ya, won't find that.
have you thought about getting rechargeable AA batteries and a "dock" for them? The wireless mighty mouse battery should last a long time.

Define "long time?" What is typical time based on full time use then?

dudemac333

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2007
I love Logitech's mice... I use the MX Revolution and just can't say enough good things about it! It's great and it has a charger so you can just plug it in when you sleep and when you wake up it will be all charged and ready to go. It is a little bigger than the VX Revolution or Nano, but I think its a great mouse and has great functionality. It all depends on if you want a small portable mouse or if you are going to use it for gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.