If nVidia dropped by Apple, grab a MBP still now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BulliSchnoffler, Oct 12, 2009.

  1. BulliSchnoffler macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2009
    #1
    Hi I wanted something like the 15'' MacBook Pro but with all the rumours about the Arrandale and so on, I wanted to wait until end of the year/beginning 2010 to see what's coming for real because I don't absolutely need it now.
    Just now, because no one really knows if nVidia will still supply next gen Macs with graphic chips, I wanted to know what you think:

    Should I wait, because it is absolutely worth waiting for the new Intel chip generation?

    OR

    Should I get a MBP equipped with an nVidia 9600 still know, while they're still availible? so

    Choose nVidia graphics chip over new Intel processor generation?

    (If I needed a Mac Pro I would get one but I want a powerful and reliable portable computer for University too, but that easily can handle games and more serious graphics.)

    What do you think? :)
     
  2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

    thejadedmonkey

    Joined:
    May 28, 2005
    Location:
    Pa
    #2
    If you think that nVidia is better than ATI, and you won't regret the purchase when Apple comes out with the next revision, then get it now.

    Personally, I'd wait, because of this.
     
  3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #3
    That's a manufacturing defect of the prior graphics card family. Is there anything saying that the 9400 or 9600 is having problems?
     

Share This Page