If only they made the iPhone 6 with the iPhone 5C design...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by respectabilia, Oct 17, 2014.

1. respectabilia, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

respectabilia macrumors regular

I find the iPhone 5C design to be the most beautifully designed iPhone ever. A lot of us dismissed it because it was 'plastic' and less powerful than the 5S, but in actual design in person, it's a thing of beauty:

- the 'plastic' feels amazing and maybe even better than aluminium
    - the back is one clean back, no antenna lines or blocks but just one slate of
    - colour! It shouldn't be the situation that the powerful phones only get the muted colours while the fun stuff is only for the non-power users. I shouldn't have to resort to bulky cases just to get some colour on my expensive phone.

If Apple simply blew up the iPhone 5C to the 6 sizes....

On that, do you think we'll see an iPhone 6C exactly as described above?

If we do, it will be a shame it comes a year late like the 5C did. It excludes those of us who have already bought the 6...

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm onboard - 6C. How do we make this happen? :D

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While I'm glad you liked the 5C, I thought it was hideous and would never buy an iPhone that looked like it.

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I'm not sure about ditching the aluminum, but I do agree that the 5C was a lot cooler than people gave it credit for.

Very well designed, feels great in the hand and the colours are eye catching. If I needed a second phone, I'd probably would have brought one.

5. srshaw macrumors 6502

Totally agree. The white was kind of ok but why no black? The 5c drefinately looks like a poor mans iphone yet it wasn't that much cheaper.

6. justindavis098 macrumors member

Ya the build quality of the 5c makes it feel like a toy. But to each their own.

7. HenryDJP macrumors 603

From the OP: "If only they made the iPhone 6 with the iPhone 5C design..."

Then you and a few others would be happy but I wouldn't be. I love the new look of the iPhone 6/6 Plus. I love the smooth rounded edges and how the screen sort of lays over the edges of the phone. :)

8. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I think Apple could have made a 5C-like 6/6+ if they'd used CFRP (carbon fiber reinforced plastic) for the phone body. It would have been a single uniform piece, and Jony Ive could talk about carbon fiber instead of plastic.

I don't know if this would have been feasible for mass production.

9. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Can't agree. I'd want it to look like the iphone 5 instead :p (I think that has been the most beautiful iphone).

Though I can understand your point about wanting the fun colors and the premiere phone. Problem is that people tend to view plastic as cheap so it wouldn't sell so well to try to sell it as a premiere phone and have it be plastic. So unfortunately marketing says it's not a good idea (and yes, you can offer too many choices. For one it's harder to predict how much of each, for two too many choices confuse your average consumer and tend to make him think more on what he wants. And you don't want him to think more, you want him to just go ahead and buy it).

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. That would be the iPhone 5.

No again. It may be "premium" plastic, but it's not metal.
    My iPhone 5 has one long piece of aluminum with two glass windows on top and bottom. Much better look to me.
    Sigh. iPhone 5c. No black. No black, no sale.

11. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Judging by apples current trends with their products, next fall they may ditch the regular 6 and turn it into a 6c kind of like what they did whenever they made the iPhone 5s and ditched the original 5 in place of the 5c. And then come next year they may also keep the 5s kind of like they kept the 4s whenever the initial 5s was launched.

12. respectabilia thread starter macrumors regular

Of course, no need for an exact large replica of the 5C, but a 6C with a fun coloured design would be great.

13. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I like how you think. Sent from my iPad.

14. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

It was odd looking, but felt really nice in the hand.