If redsn0w becomes available for windows first...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Muncher, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I still want to be able to sync my ipod to the mac side of my computer (I have bootcamp). So if this is the case, I'm going to attempt to jailbreak my ipod on the windows side of my computer then sync it with the os x side, if such is possible. If I'm successful, I'll post a guide.

If anyone has a solution to this, I'm sure many people would be very grateful (me :p) if you wouldn't mind posting about it.

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

If it's released first for Windows (which it won't), just boot into Windows, and jailbreak it. How exactly is a guide needed?

3. Muncher thread starter macrumors 65816

Muncher

What if the jailbreak requires something from iTunes? I mean, wouldn't it be better to know beforehand? Really, I don't think it will be that hard, but it can never hurt to tell people exactly what to do so they don't brick their 'Pods.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think the dev team, the people at iclarified, etc, are really good at providing step-by-step guides for both windows and macs. I don't see a need for a separate guide just for people with dual-boot systems. Just follow the guide for whichever OS you are in at the moment.