Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I'm going to be selling my oMP... and I don't know whether to sell things like the Velocity Solo X2 and it's SSD with it or separately? Same goes for my Highpoint 2720 and another trio of SSDs connected to that? Include it or sell separately?

I'm kinda leaning towards including the boot SSD and Velocity with the system and selling the RAID card and other SSDs separately.

Any suggestions as to what buyers preferences might be?

carrerascott

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
I would keep the ssd if you can use it.... You won't get full value by selling it with it. I am removing a 500gb ssd and will put it in an external case and use it.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Sell everything separately. The odds of a buyer wanting exactly what you have in your computer, and paying appropriately for it, are slim.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Sell everything separately. The odds of a buyer wanting exactly what you have in your computer, and paying appropriately for it, are slim.

I agree. The empty chassis plus all the other bits individually listed on fleabay, buyers will want to customise it their own way. Though I would be tempted to keep some of the SSD's for external storage. I've bought the empty Seagate goflex enclosures for peanuts on ebay a few years back and got the USB2, 3 and FW800 dock ends which really is just the standard SATA power and data plugs. I use them for mostly bare drives with my line of work though. They have just released a thunderbolt/usb version of the dock end too..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.