If someone bought all their songs...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mr. Eko, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

I know everyone has thought of this before, but I was thinking the other day of how expensive it would be to buy every song for the iPods now days. Lets say you have a 160gb and only bought music, that's 40,000 songs about a dollar a pop. That's $40,000! I just think thats crazy. I always wondered what was the most someone spent on there music for an iPod, what do you all think?

2. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Think about buying a Record Album or CD.

In those formats you pay about $1/song, maybe more, maybe less. You are forced to buy 10 songs give or take and spend $10. You might be buying it for only one or two songs.

So if you look at it as spending $40,000 to fill up a 160 Gig iPod, your money goes farther at ITMS then the local Music Emporium.

In reality, who has a 160 Gig iPod filled with songs?

My iTunes library is huge .... but take out the video and it's probably smaller than what most carry.

Oh yeah I have an extensive CD collection, and everyone has been ripped into iTunes at one time or another, and some has been removed as well.

Currently I have about 450 CD's ... possibly more, and somewhere around 350 DVD's. ( we sold of a lot on Ebay and other venues to whittle it down to where it is )

DISCLAIMER: I'm not crazy - most of the DVD's were bought in lots at auction, as well as many of the CD's :D :D :D

3. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member

I didn't mean it like that ;p

I'm sure no one has filled their 160 with just music (maybe, idk) but buying it all at once seems like so much. I have a 80 filled up, only 4,000 songs though, most vids. I also have a large CD and DVD collection. I was just talking about buying everything at once.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Yeah I know you didn't.

But think of it in reverse. ( I do not know how old you are but I am over 50 )

I do NOT want to know how much $$$$ I have spent buying music in my lifetime! :D

I would never buy all at once, all I have bough in my lifetime!

I know someone who has a DVD collection of probably 500 or more. I know for a fact she purchased them retail, not full retail but you get the idea. I've been trying to get them to part with some of it and they refuse. The girl that owns them is only 22, she is my niece. She probably has more than 500.

She's a big fan of all the old films ..... Monroe , Hepburn and also foreign films .

5. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member