Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2015
I personally couldn't care less. Does not bother me at all with my Air 2. But I know it aggrevates some people enough to want to rip their own hands off. So for all of you who are sensitive to the speakers vibrating I'll give you a warning that the speakers on the Pro 9.7" also vibrate. By the same amount as the Air 2. I checked it out in store today.

Just a friendly warning for y'all!

Last edited:

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I personally couldn't care less. Does not bother me at all with my Air 2. But I know it aggregates some people enough to want to rip their own hands off. So for all of you who are sensitive to the speakers vibrating I'll give you a warning that the speakers on the Pro 9.7" also vibrate. By the same amount as the Air 2. I checked it out in store today.

I dont get why people are complaining about this. That's the trade off, when you get good sound. sound vibrates :)

family_guy

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2016
I personally couldn't care less. Does not bother me at all with my Air 2. But I know it aggregates some people enough to want to rip their own hands off. So for all of you who are sensitive to the speakers vibrating I'll give you a warning that the speakers on the Pro 9.7" also vibrate. By the same amount as the Air 2. I checked it out in store today.

Thanks! I was getting frustrated that professional reviews didn't even bother commenting on it, but now I know. It's a pass for me. I might look at getting the 12" Pro next time it's on sale since it doesn't have that issue I hear.

Reactions: AdiQue

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
the speakers on the Pro 9.7" also vibrate. By the same amount as the Air 2.

Oh, noooooo!!!
sauer.gif

Reactions: Gudi

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Complete bullsh*t. I just got back from the store and specifically tested one of the demo units for exactly this and found that the vibration factor had significantly decreased from the Air 2. Period end of thread.
Yes! End of thread for all those who take random web forum opinions as gospel!

For all others, it would appear that perhaps there is still vibration, possibly the same amount, possibly less, possibly not enough to bother those prone to a sense of superiority and supreme knowledge.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
oh damn. Not a deal breaker but I hated it on the air 2. The vibration of the screen such that it made your fingers tingle if you were playing a game that required you to hold your finger on the screen (which is lots of them). Also made typing a little uncomfortable.

Booloo

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Complete bullsh*t. I just got back from the store and specifically tested one of the demo units for exactly this and found that the vibration factor had significantly decreased from the Air 2. Period end of thread.

I never considered the vibration to be an issue, but I also tested them out and the 9.7" doesn't vibrate the same as the air 2.

MaulRx

Suspended
Aug 27, 2012
My air 2 never vibrated, not that I ever noticed. I have a brand new one for sale if anyone wants to see for themselves ;)

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Just tested mine and if you turn the volumne way up, which I would never do, it does vibrate but much less than my Air 2.

Some just got to complain!

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2008

No way. I have my Air 2 and new 9.7 Pro side by side right now and have compared them both with several songs and movie trailers. My Pro has MUCH less vibration than the Air 2.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012

Anyone complaining is an idiot, since vibrations are precisely how sound is generated. It’s also a tablet with limited space after all, not a bose sound system.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Guys, the Air vibrates at nearly maxed out volume. The max volume on the pro is MUCH louder. So unless you're always trying to completely max out volume (which in this case would be nearly double the max from the air) this isn't going to be a comparable issue.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Why?? Any good reason?? Are you worried if your turn up the volume all the way up maxed out it will damage and might break the speakers?? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

No need to,turn the volume higher than what it takes to hear what you want. :p:p:p:p
Good enough reason for me! Is that ok with you?

This is no boom box. 90% of the time I am using wireless headphones anyway. :apple:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY

Thank you - I was very curious about this because this problem drove me away from the Air 2. I was already not going to get the 9.7" Pro for other reasons(cost, no RAM bump, and other features that I dont care about) but this seals the deal.

I dont get why people are complaining about this. That's the trade off, when you get good sound. sound vibrates :)

Yes, sound does vibrate. However, the Air 2 at any volume over a few clicks acted like an 80's pager on a marble table. Trying to game or type while listening to music sent feedback through the screen and it was extremely irritating. And yeah, I know - "Use headphones". Thanks, lol.

I blame the paper-thin chassis. Or a lack of sound damping. Whatever - its an issue that bothered many people so the "do-gooders" and "apologists" can save their comments about how they dont care. I do. :)

MaulRx

Suspended
Aug 27, 2012
Forget the minor vibrations, the real slap in the face is that they finally added a flash but the flashlight is missing from command center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.