iPad Pro If speaker vibration was a deal breaker for you with the Air 2, don't bother getting the new Pro.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cakefish, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cakefish, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

I personally couldn't care less. Does not bother me at all with my Air 2. But I know it aggrevates some people enough to want to rip their own hands off. So for all of you who are sensitive to the speakers vibrating I'll give you a warning that the speakers on the Pro 9.7" also vibrate. By the same amount as the Air 2. I checked it out in store today.

Just a friendly warning for y'all!

2. plexdk macrumors 6502

I dont get why people are complaining about this. That's the trade off, when you get good sound. sound vibrates :)

3. family_guy macrumors newbie

Thanks! I was getting frustrated that professional reviews didn't even bother commenting on it, but now I know. It's a pass for me. I might look at getting the 12" Pro next time it's on sale since it doesn't have that issue I hear.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Mine doesn't vibrate. What are you talking about???

5. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

It depends If you have the 9.7" iPad Pro or 12.3" iPad Pro

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Oh, noooooo!!! [​IMG]

7. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Complete bullsh*t. I just got back from the store and specifically tested one of the demo units for exactly this and found that the vibration factor had significantly decreased from the Air 2. Period end of thread.

8. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

well ive the 12.9 november version first run and the speakers on this unit do not vibrate, and i use this tablet for music production daily...

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Yes! End of thread for all those who take random web forum opinions as gospel!

For all others, it would appear that perhaps there is still vibration, possibly the same amount, possibly less, possibly not enough to bother those prone to a sense of superiority and supreme knowledge.

10. mrklaw macrumors 65816

oh damn. Not a deal breaker but I hated it on the air 2. The vibration of the screen such that it made your fingers tingle if you were playing a game that required you to hold your finger on the screen (which is lots of them). Also made typing a little uncomfortable.

11. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

I never considered the vibration to be an issue, but I also tested them out and the 9.7" doesn't vibrate the same as the air 2.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

And I think my 12.9 Pro vibrates as much as my Air2. Either there's great variation in how much different units vibrate, or people have different tolerances for vibrations, or maybe a combination of both.

13. MaulRx Suspended

My air 2 never vibrated, not that I ever noticed. I have a brand new one for sale if anyone wants to see for themselves ;)

14. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I don't notice excessive vibration with my iPad, it's nowhere near as bad as the Air 2.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Just tested mine and if you turn the volumne way up, which I would never do, it does vibrate but much less than my Air 2.

Some just got to complain!

16. Zeos macrumors 6502

No way. I have my Air 2 and new 9.7 Pro side by side right now and have compared them both with several songs and movie trailers. My Pro has MUCH less vibration than the Air 2.

17. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Anyone complaining is an idiot, since vibrations are precisely how sound is generated. It’s also a tablet with limited space after all, not a bose sound system.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Guys, the Air vibrates at nearly maxed out volume. The max volume on the pro is MUCH louder. So unless you're always trying to completely max out volume (which in this case would be nearly double the max from the air) this isn't going to be a comparable issue.

19. ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

Why?? Any good reason?? Are you worried if your turn up the volume all the way up maxed out it will damage and might break the speakers?? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

20. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Nope, just really hard to use the iPad when its shaking!!

21. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

It's not shaking. It's only vibrating at the back (iPad Air 2). You only notice it if you hold the back tight.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No need to,turn the volume higher than what it takes to hear what you want. :p:p:p:p
    Good enough reason for me! Is that ok with you?

This is no boom box. 90% of the time I am using wireless headphones anyway. :apple:

23. BitSlap macrumors member

Your posts aren't exactly trustworthy. You are a known shill on these forums.

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Thank you - I was very curious about this because this problem drove me away from the Air 2. I was already not going to get the 9.7" Pro for other reasons(cost, no RAM bump, and other features that I dont care about) but this seals the deal.

Yes, sound does vibrate. However, the Air 2 at any volume over a few clicks acted like an 80's pager on a marble table. Trying to game or type while listening to music sent feedback through the screen and it was extremely irritating. And yeah, I know - "Use headphones". Thanks, lol.

I blame the paper-thin chassis. Or a lack of sound damping. Whatever - its an issue that bothered many people so the "do-gooders" and "apologists" can save their comments about how they dont care. I do. :)

25. MaulRx Suspended

Forget the minor vibrations, the real slap in the face is that they finally added a flash but the flashlight is missing from command center.