If steve jobs know about

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Tyroler, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Tyroler macrumors member

Tyroler

The famous G5 2.00 Ghz Dual Intel Core due Processor desktop

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....41&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_951

Copy Message to me
    Dear tyroler

Hi there
    The serial number of the machine is
    CK608018UVO
    you will then be able to find out the full spec from this.
    Any further questions feel free to ask.
    Regards
    David

- sharonw8911

:DSorry,I'm a bit Sarkastic,i know.But i can't find any Details about that Machine with details given.Not on Apple website nor on other.Maybe here can one help.
    Thanx

2. MacintoshMaster macrumors 6502

MacintoshMaster

It was a mistake in the listing.

3. simsaladimbamba

Ask the seller.
    Btw, Mac Pros never came with Core 2 Duo CPUs.

4. Tyroler thread starter macrumors member

Tyroler

yes,i know.
    I contacted the Seller about the Mistake and got no real details. Got only a serial Number the Apple support doesn't recognizes.

5. zo-e macrumors newbie

if apple isn't pulling up the serial number, very likely it's not a legit peice of hardware. it's possible that it was mistakenly entered/given to you, if you want to think more positive thoughts

sent from my galaxy... oh, wait... uh, nevermind...

6. Nameci, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

7. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

BS. If OP didn't find any details, it's only his poor ability to use basic searching tools like Google ;) Don't believe? Check site below.

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html/

8. Tyroler thread starter macrumors member

Tyroler

i know,I know
    Thats the reason why im here.On the other hand is it fedding up searching in Dictionary for Words i put in Google search to avoid looking for Days to get info.
    Many thanx to you all,and,just to show you what i think about that Forum.I even would pay Membership to be here if i had to.
    thanx

9. zen.state, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

A thread about an error in spec details on an ebay auction.. I'm speechless.

The best way you can thank people here is not to flood the forum with drivel like this. The key to using google is using the right words and then actually looking through the results. You can't expect the answer to jump out at you. Overwhelmed by all the info or not there are many people here that need to power through that and learn. If a google search intimidates you then you better become a hermit because life is way tougher than that.

You have a computer with access to the internet.. go learn. People here are happy to help with real problems but not things that can be answered on google or wiki.

10. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

If this is your item, I'd recommend to add "Apple PowerMac G5 2x 2.0GHz DC Dual Core" that will give you more people who find it when either searching for "powermac G5 2GHz DC" or "PowerMac G5 2x 2GHz".

11. MacintoshMaster macrumors 6502

MacintoshMaster

Not my listing.

I'll give you some buying off ebay advice. Before you ever buy something from ebay. Always look what the seller has bought in the past so you know he isn't a weirdo.