If the battery is this good then bravo Apple!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petrucci666, Oct 17, 2012.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

This has been going on for 2 days already, amazingly great battery life.

Unplugged it at 6am today, haven't plugged it in since, it's 3.40pm now

iPhone 5

[​IMG]

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Are you normally on LTE or the wifi that's currently on?
    What are you location settings, email(push or fetch), brightness settings?
    And, is your usage mainly listening to music or webbrowsing/games/messaging etc?

3. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

I'm on WiFi at home and at work just because my data plan is capped. LTE outside.

Location Settings haven't been messed with, I grant every app Location access.

Email is push.

Normal use is Safari, texting, Rdio, some Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, and the occasional game.

Brigthness is at about 40% with auto-brightness on, I can see perfectly fine, never change it.

I use it the same way as on my 4S but on the 4S the battery would've been gone already. Really was not expecting it to be this good, which is unfortunate because I remember the Nokia and Blackberry days where you could go for days without recharging.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Hmm, your usage seems similar to mine except that I'm usually on data rather than wifi. I'm still using a 4S though so I'm looking forward to better battery life when I get the 5. Thanks for answering the questions :D

5. cperchard macrumors 6502a

If you've used it 8.5 of the 9.5 hours since charge, either you have very little else to do during a day and u really do have a good battery, or you have just been listening to music a lot, which will make the battery seem good but is the same as everyone elses!

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Excellent battery life. Fully charge the battery around noon prior to going out to watch the NLCS game. Took and made several phone calls, check and answered a handful of e-mails, surfing between innings, while the MLB app was running in game day mode. Rain delay, now.

Attached Files:

7. aleni macrumors 68020

For those of you who are having a poor battery life, turning lte, wifi, push email etc etc is not doing u any better.

To reach 8-11 hours of usage, u just never use the brigthness more than 30%. Anything more than that will make the batter life goes too zero so fast.

8. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

Well I do have a job so it's not like I'm entirely bored :)

I'm not listening to music though the phone, the phone is sitting idle. I do listen to music but it's through my laptop since I work on a laptop all day pretty much.

I pray to God that I finally have a good battery because so far on all the 4s' I've had it's been terrible.

9. DreamSTi macrumors member

I've been getting extremely great battery life as well with my 5. Much better than I was expecting. I can go 1.5 - 2 days without a charge!

10. tech324 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the screen uses less battery for the iphone 5 than the 4s? Is it more efficient?

11. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Edit: Didn't notice the 50% upper right hand corner. Still I'm happy.

Attached Files:

12. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

Day 3

Ok, here's the update - went the entire day without plugging in. This is something unheard of in my iPhone experience so far. Any iPhone.

But something seems to be off. 18h 31m did pass since I unplugged it (I woke up at around 5.20am) but I definitely didn't constantly use it for 18h 31m.

Why is this showing this way?

[​IMG]

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I usually get really, really good battery life. Around 8 hours of usage with 24 hours of standby, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. One time I got it to 13 hours and 33 minutes of usage and 1 day and 1 hour of standby! I keep it at 40% brightness level with auto-brightness on, and a low brightness doesn't matter to me too much due to how vivid and easy to see the screen is. I use wifi when at home and at my girlfriend's and when I'm not connected it's turned off.

14. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Phantom battery usage

15. bobby68 macrumors member

I have seen exactly the same on my iPhone 4, same usage as standby time, and I clearly did not use it all the time.

A restart did solve the problem, and the usage time went back to normal.

I have only seen it once, after update to iOS6. So probably a bug in iOS6.

16. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Closing all your apps in the background should solve that.. I had that issue last week... something was always running in the background, wasn't killing the battery though.