All iPads If the iPad Pro/Plus Doesn't Have This, What's the Point?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 30, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Multi-tasking! 12.9" is starting to become genuine laptop territory, and I couldn't see myself wanting one if I was still reserved to using a single app on a relatively ginormous display. For that reason I feel like the Plus/Pro may not launch till iOS 9 potentially brings multi-tasking to the 6 Plus and the new 12.9" iPad.

2. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

I agree but apple have been known to push out things that aren't ready like my ipad 3 :(

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I don't get the multi-tasking argument. I have it on my Samsung Pro 8.4 and can honestly say I've never been compelled to use it outside the novelty. I guess as a consumption user, not work based, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm happy with the size of my Air so a 12.9" Air isn't appealing to me either. Of course, I'll wait til it is even announced before just brushing it off as useless.

4. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

Multitasking and styllus support please. Lets actually take advantage of such a large screen

----------

You mean splitting an 8.4 inch screen isn't very appealing?:eek: Who woulda figured.

5. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

Split screen on a 12"+ tablet would be very appealing. For example, I could have an education video docked on the side of the tablet while taking notes with a stylus. Or I could have questions from a book on the side while I write down the answers.

6. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Split screen on the 9.7" would be appealing for some. Not for regular usages of course, but it would definitely boost my iPad work usage if I could have a web page or PDF open on one half of the screen while I type with an app on the other. I wouldn't routinely use it, but it is nice.

----------

Also, I fear that with the way iOS works, Apple would would boost the Pro to a none iOS ready resolution and use their "desktop scaler" that is used in the Plus. That would result in some bad UI lag/stutter on such a large scale. I know when (if) I updated my iPad 3, I'm getting the fastest model available with no scaling. I'm so freakin' tired of everything being so slow.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't mind missing out on split screen multitasking. I just really want the iPad pro!

8. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I really hope you get what you want. But I am curious as to why your desire is so strong for a larger iPad.

It seems to me that a touchscreen iPad Air would be far more useful than a 12.9" iPad.

I need to caveat what I'm saying. It's possible that I may change my opinion once I see a 12.9" and have a chance to try it. I must admit that I am slowly coming around to the usefulness of a phablet-sized smartphone.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I could see myself being alot more productive with an iPad if it's 12.9". I don't think I could do any serious work on my Mini or even an Air.