If the new mbp comes out tomorrow...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cuse7284, Feb 8, 2010.

1. cuse7284 macrumors member

What time will it be released? I'm sure there is a pattern from the past releases. Also will it be available at the apple store ? If so will they be hard to get or will there be plenty to go around. Currently have zero computer ( on iPhone) so I need one desperately.

Thanks

2. Surely Guest

Surely

..... these awesome threads will finally stop.

3. oliverb macrumors member

In the old days of the MacWorld Keynotes the online store would go down during the address, and then come back up. I think this used to happen around noon Eastern.

Now its not so clear, as there is no keynote. Probably it will happen close to business opening on US East Coast. The store may go down for a half-hour, and then come back. The home page will prob get a banner under the iPad.

Stores will have some stock, with standard configs, with amount calibrated to past sales. This will already be in place today, if the launch is tomorrow. Hard to know how much demand there is - probably quite a bit, because it is a significant update. However, we are still in a recession.

Online delivery may be a week or two out as production ramps up.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

... it will be a sad, sad day, because we have to find new ways of making funny posts in those useless threads.
    But I will predict, it will be considered FAIL anyway, if it is not an iPadBook Pro with triple Xeon CPUs.

5. Drudkh macrumors newbie

I will wait and buy a few months later to be sure there will be no problem with the hardware. ;)

6. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

sanity will be restored.

7. iSax1234 macrumors regular

..... these awesome threads will finally stop.

Then these awesome threads will stop and the bashing will start/continue!!! :D

8. mattgoldey macrumors member

My credit card balance will be a lot higher by the end of the day!

9. cuse7284 thread starter macrumors member

its a very simple question I asked. Dont need to be a di*k about it. I know theres a million threads. But find me one that answers my question.

Yea thats what I thought

10. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

..... and there will be 100 new threads entitled "Can I return my MBP I bought last week?"

11. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Thank you. It's about time they do.
    But I'm sure we will have just as many threads saying, "I BOUGHT A MACBOOK PRO SUNDAY NIGHT AND NOW THERE IS A NEW ONE CAN I GET THE NEW ONE?!" :rolleyes::D

EDIT: Corrode beat me to it. He's right though!

12. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

Agreed. There are many people who arn't even aware of that very useful macrumor's buyer's guide who should be educated.

In before lock!

13. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

No offense on that but I believe that ur question has been asked in several of the threads regarding the new macbook pro especially the waiting for arrandale thread

14. cuse7284 thread starter macrumors member

I tried looking and couldnt find it. Post the link please.... my question is what time would it be released tomorrow if it does come out? Will there be a large amount of stock at the apple store immediately? Thanks

15. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

...... and the "what will be in the next iphone" threads will take their place

its a vicious cycle lol:D

16. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

It would be announced before the afternoon Eastern time. Check by noon to see if it is updated.
    No one knows if the stores will carry it tomorrow (or whatever day it is announced). If you want to order it right away, do so on apple.com. You can always call your nearest Apple store to see if they have the model you want in stock.

17. cuse7284 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much Neural. Keeping fingers crossed tomorrow is the day.

18. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

The apple store from what ive read on that thread normally updates around 8-9 am pacific time or around noon eastern time.

And also from what ive read on that thread and a little prior experience apple stores normally have the base configs available with the BTO versions only available online with slightly delayed delivery

19. JacaByte macrumors 6502

...these awesome threads will finally stop.

...we won't be able to play this awesome new game!

20. vant macrumors 65816

No one knows the answer to your question.

And your question doesn't justify a new thread.

21. showkati macrumors regular

wow you guys are really brutal. Stop assuming everyone here checks the threads every 10 seconds. If he wants to jump in and ask a question, just answer it and let the thread sink down. He obviously couldn't find the answer.

Hey OP, to save you from searching the other threads to find your answer i'm going to tell you that based on the majority of the posters in the other threads the site should update around noon pacific time.

22. ttran88 macrumors regular

lol i love all the internet police on this forum. they think they're so badass!

23. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

If a new macbook pro is released tomorrow, 2012 is a sure fire thing!

24. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

+1

25. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Well, but then as soon as the bashing starts, the "new MBP released tomorrow" threads will start, right? :)

The circle of life. And we're all part of it.