Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
You've answered your own question. Don't update to iOS 11 if you're worried, wait to see what others with older 6s' say.

Thanks. But do you think it will be safe to be on an older iOS?

Like what about using banking apps and stuff?

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
Will be keeping my 6S Plus, i need to be able to charge from a pack and still listen to music getting rid of headphone jack was just daft they could have at least put 2 lightening connectors on the 7 one for charging and one for attaching the dongle DAC/headphone jack. The headphone jack was removed for slimming purposes but the tight bastards couldn't give us a second port.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I have the iPhone 7 the headphone jack being gone is a pain in the ass sometimes. I'm most likely gonna get the galaxy s8.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I still do miss the headphone jack. However I've got a spare 6s hanging around. So I'm lucky there.

I have no idea how well any alternatives to the fingerprint reader will turn out. I'm definitely not going to be an early adopter here.

Reactions: Sunny1990

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Right but would it be safe? Often times I see new iOS talk about security updates

There will always be security updates.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If you are big on keeping your phone safe...whatever that means...then you must upgrade. Whether that means your phone becomes slower as well...who can say?

iOS 11 shouldnt slow the phone down. But at some point in the future, a future update probably will.

People like you crack me up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.