If the OS crashes, how to eject CD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bollweevil, Aug 30, 2008.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

If the OS on a MacBook Pro crashes, how can I eject the CD that is in the drive? What is the little oblong hole on the left side of the computer? Should I stick a paper clip in that hole? Usually paperclip holes are very small and round, so I don't know what this oblong, large (4mm), and very deep hole on the MacBook Pro could possibly be for. Thanks.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

erm that oblong shaped hole is for the express card slotq and not for poking about it to eject a CD.

just reboot it and then eject the CD. i for some reason you cant reboot or the CD just wont budge reboot while holding the trackpad button.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I think he/she is referring to the security slot for a lock, OP is it on the right hand side ??

Edit,now I'm confused as the OP states left side but the express card slot is at least 30mm wide

4. bollweevil thread starter macrumors 6502

I meant the right side, it is the lock hole.

It is pretty obnoxious that you really cannot eject the CD without the computer working. That could conceivably be a bad problem, and I can easily imagine it wasting several minutes as the crashed computer rebooted.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well if it powers on, you can hold the mouse button while it's booting. If it doesn't power you will have to disassemble the computer.