If the "Sending..." bar completes, does that mean the message was delivered?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gahwhatever, Sep 23, 2009.

1. gahwhatever macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2008
    Since the iPhone doesn't have an outbox, is there any way it can notify you if a text doesn't go through? I.e. When you're in a low reception area. Thanks
  2. Yell0w macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2008
    If a txt message doesn't go through, on the right side of the txt, there will be a red circle with an "!" in the middle, this is what I saw from my own experience
  3. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2007
    This is a very good question from gahwhatever and to go further i would like a recipt notification. There is no way to make sure a SMS was read even if received...in some cases i need to know if my SMS is read and not only receive which makes a big difference.

All other cells i had add the receipt notification which means you get a notification once the person has opened the SMS you sent him...

Why in the hell this is not on the iPhone...are they going to release it in 3.2 and make a big thing out of a very old and comon option...as they ridiculously did for copy/paste and MMS....come on Apple...get up to date with simple things...