If there is a next version out when and what'll be the diff?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lavino, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lavino macrumors member

I miss my macbook pro. I sold it so I can get an iMac. Love the iMac but stuck with a crappy Dell from work (oh well.. it is a company computer). Downside is that it weights a ton. I am thinking about the Macbook Air 13in since except for storage space it is not too behind compare to the Macbook.
    Now I didn't follow the macbook air so I wonder what would likely be the diff between the last model and the next model and how long do I have to wait before it comes out. They announce new macbook, iMac and iPad every March/May right? How about the air? Same? What would they change for next model? I doubt they will up the cpu or RAM or SSD size. Doesn't sound like there will be much diff?

Thanks and welcome any helpful feedback ;)

2. simsaladimbamba

According to countless and ignored threads, the new MBAs will probably arrive in Q2/2012, when Intel releases their Ivy Bridge chips.
    They will be faster.
    As for storage and RAM, we can only speculate and wish, as only Apple knows.
    Maybe there will be 128 GB SSD and 4 GB RAM as standard and an option for 512 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM, but who knows.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find those threads:
    [​IMG]