IF there is anyone out there, I desperately need HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ripbuster, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ripbuster macrumors newbie

Ok here's the deal. I really wanted an iphone bad. so i was on ebay and i came across this iphone that this man was selling. He said the only problem was that it had a dead strip on the bottom screen. When I recieved the package he was right. The bottom four bottons were not working(2g by the way). So I know its possible to increase sensitivity but here are my issue:

1. I cant figure out what firm ware i need to have to unlock with so i can get to the touch settings.
    2. I can never open up the general plist file because i have windows
    3. I can never figure out what firmware is on the phone because it is not unlocked
    4. When I did unlock it i could never use cydia or installer because the bottom row was unresponsive
    5. I cant take to apple because i dont have the data plan(bought it off ebay)
    I dont know what else to do:eek::mad:
    some one please give me step by step instructions to fixing this problem PLEASE

2. MikeyLive macrumors newbie

Honestly if that part of the screen is dead, increasing the sensitivity won't do anything for you. The problem is the hardware is broken. While you can order new screens for iPhone (visual components) I have yet to find anybody selling the touch sensitive part.

I'm sorry to say but you may be out of luck. Normally I'd recommend complaining to eBay or the seller, but its not his fault because he disclosed the problems with the device. You bought it anyway. I suppose its a gamble when you knowingly buy a phone that has a defect.

If I were you I'd try to resell it for parts if nothing else. That portion of the screen is unrecoverable.

How much did you pay for it? I hope you got a great deal being that you knew it was broken and all. lol

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Its hardware sadly no way to fix it via software you could buy a digitalizer.

5. ripbuster thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so....

i got the winscp up and running now i ned to know what to do with the plist stuff....help plz:(

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000