if there is no verizon iphone announcement on Wednesday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poe diddley, Jan 20, 2010.

1. poe diddley macrumors regular

if there is no verizon iphone announcement on Wednesday
    then i'm getting a verizon droid.
    i know i'll get flamed for this, but here are my reasons=

1. att sucks majorly in my area-friends that have iphones either have to suffer with bad service, or they get that home base station thingie so they can make/receive calls at home without dropping as many calls(note i didnt' say any-they still drop calls). when i first moved to greensboro from orlando, i had att, and could not make or receive calls at my home unless i walked outside into the middle of the front yard. when i called att on this, they told me that i was too close to an interstate, and that during business hours the signal would get "pulled" by traffic on this highway. after testing this theory (by looking at the clock), i realized they were right-i asked if a different phone would make any difference, and they told me-no lie- that i should probably go with another provider since they had no immediate plans to upgrade the towers in my area. that was about 4 years ago, and i've been very happy with verizon's service ever since then.

2. i've been patiently waiting for a verizon iphone since the original iphone came out. i've read all the teases and speculation since day one. it always seems to be right around the corner.

3. i'm up for my "new every 2" with verizon and with my discounts the top of the line droid will only cost me $99 out of pocket.

4. i need a new phone. my env2 is ok but behind the times.

so those are my reasons. no verizon iphone mention next week, then i get the droid. i don't want to, but i've waited years for a verizon iphone, and i think that's long enuff. no chance in hell i will switch to att unless i move to a very different area, and that's not happening for quite some time.

so flame me up if you want, but i think i've been patient enuff. i can't wait for apple/verizon to figure it out any longer..

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can't blame you.
    You gotta go with whatever works and makes you happy.

3. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

+1

Not everything suits everyone in everyplace. And the Droid seems a very fine phone.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

twice has verizon screwed it up for themselves. apple went to verizon in the beginning because they figured theyd get more sales. verizon said, okay, we'll sell your phone, but we want to put our firmware on it. apple said no and moved to at&t, who allowed them to put their own firmware on it. if apple would have say okay to verizon, this would be another piece of crap phone. but its not now. so what im saying here is verizon could have boosted themselves up really fast and made tons of money. most people have verizon. the second screw up, is now apple has some drawbacks of selling the iphone with verizon. remember those droid commercials? the ones with iDon't? well they were actually wrong about everything with that iDon't crap because we can do all that on jailbroken phones. and so that got apple to think, "hmm, they are competing with us, after we offered to sell the iphone on their service." so you can thank verizon that u dont have the iphone. and personally, i dont think verizon will ever get the iphone. also they always mark every phone with that verizon crap. oh and verizon rips u off every way, and will probably charge u a $500 phone bill for the iphone each month.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apparently you are.

Why are you waiting until Tuesday? In my opinion, you should just get the Droid right now.

6. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Why not wait 2 more months and get Nexus One with Verizon?

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If I ever decide to switch to another phone, you won't know. Because I won't make attention-seeking posts about it on the iPhone board.

8. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Get whatever carrier works best for you. Who knows when or if VZW will get the iPhone. Droid has it's problems as well, but it's the best iPhone alternative verizon offers. I'd probably wait for the nexus one at this point, but I already had a droid so that's easy for me to say. Good luck.

9. poe diddley thread starter macrumors regular

i'm giving them one last chance. i've opted not to get the nicest phone verizon had to offer several times over the past few years so i wouldnt waste my money in case there was an iphone released on their service. that's how my luck goes. i buy something else tomorrow, the day after that the verizon iphone is released and i have to wait again until i can justify spending the extra $.
    i mean honestly, that's how much i want an iphone, but i will not purchase one when att is my only option for service. i can't screw myself like that no matter how much i crave one.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If the iPhone isn't meeting your needs, you would be foolish to keep it.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

12. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Why would they announce a verizon iphone next week? That would pretty much kill all their iphone sales until June...

13. duck33 macrumors regular

Have you looked into buying the Palm Pre Plus? It comes out on Jan 25th.

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'm waiting for the Palm Pre Super Fantastic Happy Plus, Ultimate Edition. :D

15. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Same, was just going to post that too :p

16. poe diddley thread starter macrumors regular

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Supposedly it's going to be a two-for-one offer. Get a Pre or Pixi Plus, and get a Pixi Plus for free.

If you're married, it's a nice deal to have the same type of phone and apps. My daughter and her husband have a Pre and Pixi.

Assuming Apple doesn't make an announcement.

18. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Sorry, the performance and features of the iPhone are just superior. I've yet to see any of the touch-screen phones that are anything more than cheap knock offs and copies. Some do have some nice features and look OK, but just OK.

It's worth it to either continue to wait and for a few dropped calls to use the iPhone.

19. rmead001 macrumors member

That is what I would be doing. Nexus one is a nice phone..

20. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I have a droid and I hate it. If your going to get an Android device on Verizon, wait for the Nexus One. I have one of those on Tmo.

I still prefer my iPhone. (I do mobile support for my company, so I carry a bunch of different devices).

21. Maverickster macrumors regular

I wondered that as well. If you've waited this long for a VZW iPhone, you might as well wait just a little longer to get the "right" android phone which, from what I've read, the N1 is.

22. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I'm no expert, but I get the vibe through macrumors and gizmodo that it is very unlikely a verizon phone will be launched (especially on wed). Even if it is announced, it probably won't be available for some time, which means you will still be waiting.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Verizon's iPhone contract will probably be an 8 year agreement with a $1000 ETF. LOL