If there were a new iMac next week....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinHood5, Oct 16, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

If a new imac was actually coming next week, wouldnt we be seeing them going out of stock places? The online apple store still shows that they are all in stock and i cant find any stores with unusual numbers on their iMacs

2. Nandifix macrumors 6502

In Europe almost all 3rd party retailers have no iMac stock. The Apple Stores in Europe also have 1-3 day dispatch...

3. connor.e macrumors member

Here in Canada, a BTO 27 inch will take 2 - 3 weeks. Seems a little suspicious. They are coming...

c.

4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

They would make clearance sale for the old model, no doubt about that.

5. Mad Sativa macrumors member

6. drambuie macrumors 6502a

If, as the rumors say, the 2012 iMacs will be announced on the 23rd, and be available for sale on the 24th, it gives anyone who really dislikes the new models a day's grace to purchase a 2011 before they're shipped off to refurb.

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

The MBPs had no supply shortages anywhere when they were updated in June.

Low stock can be an indicator of a coming refresh, but it is by no means necessary. And besides, if you're not seeing evidence of low stock, you're not really looking.

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Is anyone else a little bit worried that the invitation seems to be hinting towards just the iPad Mini? I know it would of been hard for them to drop an iMac hint in there too but I just find an event where Macs and a new iDevice come out seems too good to be true.
    Fingers crossed.

9. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Nope :)
    The iPad mini is clearly THE main product for the presentation but that doesnt mean there arent other products. The iPhone 5 media event invitation was also hinting at the new iPhone only and not at the iPod nano etc.
    So keep calm, there will be a new iMac in not even one week :)

10. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I'm very confident the following products get updated/launched next week:
    - 13" rMBP
    - 21" & 27" iMacs
    - iPad Minis
    - 10" iPads

I'm at least somewhat confident that these are also getting updated:
    - Mac Mini
    - AirPort
    - Time Capsule

What I'm not the least bit confident in is how many of these will be put on the stage. iPad Minis certainly, it's a new product. What else? iMacs possibly, if it's a new design and they want to show it off. 10" iPads if there's enough to talk about - if it's just a switch to Lightning, then no. rMBPs are questionable, I can't imagine what they could say except "here's a smaller, lower resolution, less powerful version of the 15" rMBP". Mac Mini is a rather boring product, and accessories are accessories. Several of these products won't get a whisper on the stage, but come out in a press release right after or on Wednesday morning. So sit tight. :)

Also note: "launched" doesn't even mean "for sale" right away.. we might be able to go to Apple.com and order our 27" iMacs for Thanksgiving delivery...

11. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

True, I will be boiling over with excitement by next Monday either way.

12. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I know, theres a lot of new things to show. I hope they get the iPad stuff out of the way and then go beast mode with new Macs.