If they claim scratch proof?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corriewf, Jun 14, 2010.

1. corriewf macrumors 6502a

So apple claims scratch proof front and back on the new iPhone. Nice. Now if I take their word for it and say just use a bumper but still get scratches, I wonder if apple will put their money where their mouth is? If I get a scratch on my phone, I would like to have it replaced if it's within warranty. Wonder if apple will do this. They claim it's scratch proof so I would assume if you claim your product does something and it doesn't, I should get an exchange.

An no I'm not talking about rushing home and testing everythingni can to scratch it, I'm talking normal everyday use.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

They said it was scratch proof? I just thought they said how powerful of a material it was, I never heard scratch proof....we must have listened to different things.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

"Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever."

And the bumper is really to protect the stainless steel which scratches like the dickens. :D

5. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Maybe scratch-resistant...but not scratch proof and its not like theyve made some 100% money-back gaurantee that it was invincible.

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I think you should definitely scratch it all up and tell Apple to replace it for you. Just make sure you videotape the whole thing so I can watch it later.

I'm sure this will go very well for you. ;)

P.S. They never said scratch-proof.

9. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

That's the writer of the article's fault (Best Buy or whoever wrote the press release for them). That isn't a press release from Apple, but rather Best Buy. If Apple says scratch resistant, they mean resistant, and not scratch proof. Clearly, Best Buy changed the terminology in error.

11. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, I should print it out and get my phone from best buy.

12. outphase macrumors 65816

Nope, you are aware of the proper meaning, so you cannot have relied on it. Best Buy also does not do warranty exchanges.

I also want to see the video of you trying to be a fake lawyer in the Apple Store or Best Buy trying to claim that this gave you an express warranty.

13. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Wow, do you have anything better to do or think about other than trying to cheat a system?

By the way, I hope you know that the bumper does not protect the glass surfaces. ;)

14. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

When has a scratch caused by the owner ever been grounds for replacement?