if they release a new macbook...

ibenjamin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
hi everyone. i ordered a macbook on friday; white, 2.16 ghz, and 2gb ram. its supposed to arrive either tomorrow or wednesday. i now read rumours that apple are planning to release a new macbook this month...maybe as early as this week. now, i know rumours are rumours, but in theory, i would like to own the latest release, especially since i ordered so recently. what should i do if the rumours are true? would you suggest not opening my macbook when it arrives? what are my rights in terms of replacing it with the newer version? thanks, ben

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
hi everyone. i ordered a macbook on friday; white, 2.16 ghz, and 2gb ram. its supposed to arrive either tomorrow or wednesday. i now read rumours that apple are planning to release a new macbook this month...maybe as early as this week. now, i know rumours are rumours, but in theory, i would like to own the latest release, especially since i ordered so recently. what should i do if the rumours are true? would you suggest not opening my macbook when it arrives? what are my rights in terms of replacing it with the newer version? thanks, ben
You have 14 days to return it unopened

Comment

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
even if it isn't standard spec? thanks for the reply
according to apple's policy, build-to-order computers cannot be returned. macbooks see updates about twice a year, and it is getting to be that time. so if another macbook is released tomorrow, i'd call apple and see if there's anything that can be done.

Comment

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Well, you could say it's also kind of lame buying a custom built macbook when all rumors pointed to an update in early November...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.