If they update the macbook specs at WWDC how long until they ship??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by z-hayden, Jun 6, 2009.

1. z-hayden macrumors newbie

I know you have seen countless threads on this site regarding this topic but i too am in the market for a macbook, and i have decided to wait until after WWDC to pull the trigger. I am just curious how long it will take for any update (if there are any at all) to ship to retailers. Thanks and sorry for the repetitiveness of this kind of thread.

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Retailers, or Apple? Apple stores usually get them same day. Other retail stores tend to get them a few days/weeks later.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Well, if WWDC is on Monday, my best guess is that we'll find out on Monday.

No one else's guess will even be close.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Depends.

Could be same day. Could be a day or two like the UMB. Could be a month or more like the iPhones/17" MBP.

You'll find out when all of us do, ~10am Pacific Time.

5. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

So 6pm GMT... brilliant, just when I'll be watching the Simpsons.

Darn you Schiller! You're interfering with my cartoons!

6. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

my guess is speed bumps won't occur untill august time frame.

7. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

I can't wait to get my hands on my new aluminum MB, giving my white macbook to my bro for graduation & almost bought myself the aluminum one last week when they started the B2S promo, then remembered WWDC :) hopefully my waiting is worth a little bump in specs!

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I've hinted at a later-than-June update in previous posts, and I agree with this post. August for MacBook Air, aluminum MacBooks, and MacBook Pros.

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Just throw the live feed from here/gizmodo/engadget up, and set FireFox+TabMixPlus to auto-refresh the page every minute or two. That's what I do!!

10. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Heh heh sorry I had just had some coffee and was in Irony mode, I ALWAYS sit at the computer with my fingers poised above Command and R counting off one hundred green bottles of beer in my mind between presses.

Pretty sad, eh? At least with EyeTV I can have the Simpsons floating in a little window for company...

As for if they update any specs, then they'll likely shift within a week of announcement as per usual. Though I do feel that this WWDC is all about Mac OS 10.6 and iPhone OS 3.0 and not about hardware.

11. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i heard if there were 100 more posts before WWDC about this - that the rumored teleport shipping service only for apple users that will be announced at WWDC will send you all your fanboy fantasies to life and a personal photo of Steve Jobs in the bathtub signed, "truly yours. believe it." :apple:

12. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

what channel is it on??? have sky+ at home, but at uni i only have playtv and dont really watch tv at all, i cant even remember when half the programs i used to watch start

13. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Channel Four at six o' clock :D and has been since Ch4 bought the rights from the ol' Beeb. Though I hear Sky 1 bought the rights to the new series, which I haven't seen yet and Ch4 will be showing one season behind.

Failing that, Channel 19. Dave is almost always showing Top Gear (the one with Jezza not the American travesty (no offence but you Americans really, really cannot make an entertaining car programme)) reruns, which is pretty much all that got me through the daytime at uni :p

14. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There is no American "Top Gear." There's the BBC-America cut up version of Top Gear, but it's still Clarkson/Hammond/May.

There was a US-Top Gear in the works hosted by Adam Carolla and a couple other guys, but it didn't get picked up by a network like it was supposed to.

With that said, I can't wait for June 21st for the new season (series) to start. <3 box for all my raw BBC footage episode needs.