If this is correct :

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Overg, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Overg macrumors 6502

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/12/07/04/supply_of_apples_27_imac_drying_up_as_ivy_bridge_upgrade_awaits.html

I wonder if this is correct, what will happen in two months? Not only there is no update, even if you want to buy the old iMac it won't be possible.

2. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

sounds strange that they would be unavailable for 2 months, same way as it seems unlikely we have a retina imac this year. maybe digitimes are full of BS ? anyone know there history of accuracy. It would be dreadful to wait until October, but if I have to, apple might as well have no iMac in the meantime - to avoid guys like me to do a desperate but stupid move to buy the old one.

It would seem strange though, that Mountain Lion comes this month, a brand new OS update. And their own iMac is way overdue, doesn´t have the new OS and will be hard to find in stores for 2-3 months. Then, either Apple is incredible ignorant or someone screwed up in the product line....both seem rather unlikely.

3. sebi247 macrumors member

Well, here in Germany we already have this problem for more than 8 weeks now. There is no possibility to buy an BTO iMac. :mad:

4. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

5. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I think that when the new iMac comes out, if it is a redesign I am going to be very happy that I bought a 2011, 27", 3.4 Ghz I7 and did not wait.

Something tells me a lot of people may not like the redesign, of course that does remain to be seen.