If this is true, im at the o2 store on friday..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mirai 11, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I am on a contract that started in february 20th, 2007. Now i can upgrade this contract anytime from the 20th July to the 20th of August, but i went into my local 02 store and was told that it would be irrelevant to get an iphone in this timespace, because the iphone offers to upgrade options for anyone who has had a previous contract, and has to be like a new o2 customer.
    What i want to know is that will existing customers have no special discount for the iphone or anythin like this when their upgrade is due, and should i just wait on next friday morning for the new shipment of iphones and set up a contract there and then, and cancel the other one when the 20th comes up?

Now i sent this as a question to the o2 customer support, but i just want to know what your thoughts are on this, and if i should just go there on friday.
    By the way, its the o2 store at the waterside in lincoln if anyone lives there (Y)

2. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

anyone? i really would like some help about this..

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I am not entirely clear about what you are asking.

If your contract started in February 2006 and you haven't renewed it since, you must be outside the minimum term and therefore you can terminate it by giving notice (30 days).

Why don't you call Customer Services (100 on an O2 phone) and speak to the upgrade team. Tell them that you want an iPhone, and if they say that they can't do it, give notice of termination and then get yourself a new iPhone contract.

4. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I'll rephrase it, and i made a typo, its february 2007.

I just want to know, can i just walk in on this friday, considering that they will have iphone's in stock, and walk out with a contract, even tho i have this existing one that ive had since february of last year, and when the upgrade cycle comes up, which is next month, can i just cancel that?

5. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Until your contract runs out you would have to sign up to another contract with them for the iPhone with your old one running until its time is up and you cancel it. The upgrade option was only for those who already had an iphone contract.