Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
Samsung s6 vs apple iphone 6

vs2vbs.jpg

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
This thread is a blatant rip-off of the many other threads where this is already being discussed. :(

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Well its not exactly the same (I have to look twice to see which phone is which). One has smaller and more holes than the other, the antenna bands are turned and the mic location is different. Not the same.

Look lets face it Samsung is always going to try and match what Apple does in the terms of style that's just how they roll. The good news is iPhone runs iOS and that's something Samsung will never have. Samsung likes iPhone and they want one, this is the best they could do.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
They all copy each other.

Remember, the Iphone+ size is a direct response to the Note....

Precisely, one can't say that Apple always copies Samsung or vice versa. It's very clear that they influence each other heavily.

In regard to the question about the rounded edges--Samsung incorporated that in earlier smartphones. They also came out with big screened smartphones years before Apple and Steve Jobs even poked fun at them at the time.

Likewise, its pretty clear that "Samsung Pay" is in response to "Apple Pay".

You can go back and forth for ages. Neither side can claim that they were the first in all innovations. I don't understand how the fanboys always seem to see only one side of things.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Sure it's not 'exactly' the same but come on folks, that's a blatant copy of the iPhone 6. Why do Samsung do this? There's really no need.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Precisely, one can't say that Apple always copies Samsung or vice versa. It's very clear that they influence each other heavily.

In regard to the question about the rounded edges--Samsung incorporated that in earlier smartphones. They also came out with big screened smartphones years before Apple and Steve Jobs even poked fun at them at the time.

You can go back and forth for ages. Neither side can claim that they were the first in all innovations. I don't understand how the fanboys always seem to see only one side of things.

Agreed. But I don't think people are necessarily questioning the "rounded edges" because that could explain any phone, but it's more of it identically resembling the iPhone 6/6plus.

One a different note, I wonder if there will be any bend videos for Sammy's new thin and light? ;)

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL

They took the design of the iPhone and modified it just enough to avoid patent infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.