If This Was Announced In June?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Oct 4, 2011.

1. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Would you have a different opinion on the iPhone 4S if it was announced back in June? Did the 4 extra months we had to wait give bigger expectations?

I say yes, for sure.

2. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Absolutely, I expected a 4S in June. Add 4 months to that, and you expect more. Simple as that.

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I was saying the same thing.

I'm thinking they needed that time to get the Siri stuff up and running.

They always knew the 5 wouldn't be ready until next year.

Without Siri, it would have been a total bust, and probably is anyway.

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I can't believe apple delayed the original launch by 3-4 months to announce this.

5. macsit macrumors newbie

They simply want us to spend money on iPad in spring and on iPhone in fall.
    This is the only motivation for the delayed launch.

6. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. If it had come out in June, I might even have bought it considering I'd know that the next iPhone would come out in June 2012.

But you give them extra months, and all they give you is a Verizon iPhone 4 with an A5 chip?

Utterly disappointing. Thinking about that Nexus phone right now once my 3GS breaks down.

7. 4:20 macrumors member

So you think the next iPhone will take another 12 months? Oh my...

8. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Yeah, I thought that the extra time was needed because Apple was bringing out the next Really Big Deal. Oh, well.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not sure why you were "expecting" something or feel misled. If they don't make a product you want, don't buy it. I'm not too happy with the direction the Wii U is taking Nintendo, so I'm not buying it. I'm not acting like I've been personally attacked or like they've deceived me, what would give me a reason to do that? Because I bought products from them before and now they put out one I don't like? The mind of the consumer baffles me at times.

10. chalky40 macrumors member

Is anybody every really that happy with an s upgrade? People like to "see" a difference. Internal hardware just doesn't do that. You can explain all the tech specs behind it but what people really want to see is a noticable difference. Something that stands out and says "I'm a new phone".

11. macsit macrumors newbie

you don't? they programmed this release cycle...

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

The iPhone 4S should've been released in June, simple. The iPhone 4S is not even that great of an upgrade. Unless the iPhone 5(6:confused::rolleyes:) is amazing, Android is going to put it at the bottom of the list.(Again)

13. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Since the iPod is not a huge focus anymore, I think fall will be the new combined iPhone/iPod release event.

14. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Lets hope not!

----------

Yes, people who have the previous S phone, such as the 3gS are happy with this upgrade.

15. f00f macrumors 65816

No new first-world status symbol. Oh well. /wrists :rolleyes:

Wait till the the 14th. Try them out in the store. I guarantee you will "see" a difference.

16. yegon, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

yegon macrumors 68020

Hmm, dunno, the 4GS, like the 3GS, just screams incremental upgrade to me. I had a launch 3G, then a launch 4, and no time in that second year of the 3G did I ever have a hankering for a 3GS. I'd used a mates, it felt nice and zippy compared to my 3G (this is pre OS4.0 days remember), but it didn't leave me salivating....unlike the retina display, which was killer.

Wasn't based on looks either, there just weren't enough feature upgrades to interest me. Similar with various macbooks, I don't get the obsession with yearly upgrades for the sake of .5ghz cpu boost. Hence, 06 white macbook -> late 08 macbook pro -> 2011 macbook air, each time I've felt a big improvement.