Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
...does that mean they are going to ship very soon?

I ordered the AW3 from Verizon on 10/12 (with a "Ships by 10/25" date), and after receiving no type of notification or confirmation from them for days, last night after 11PM, I got a text from them saying that they received the order on 10/17 and will text me when it ships. Checked my bank account and there was a pending charge from the Verizon where there wasn't before.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
...does that mean they are going to ship very soon?

I ordered the AW3 from Verizon on 10/12 (with a "Ships by 10/25" date), and after receiving no type of notification or confirmation from them for days, last night after 11PM, I got a text from them saying that they received the order on 10/17 and will text me when it ships. Checked my bank account and there was a pending charge from the Verizon where there wasn't before.

That typically means your product is ready to ship and they charge your card when the product actually ships. You can call Verizon at 611 and verify with them. But all likeliness, that's what it means.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Checked my bank account and there was a pending charge from the Verizon where there wasn't before.

Is this a pending charge, like a hold, or a real charge?

Many times, a company will put a hold on your account to make sure you have enough money in your account, then they will spend the next 1-2 days getting the order ready to ship it. This may look like a 'pending charge' on your account.

Once they scan the shipment to be sent, they'll authorize a real charge. The pending charge in your account will turn into a real charge at that point.

This is so they don't put your order together and pack it up to later find out that your card declines and they wasted all their time.

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
thank you both for your replies. It's a pending charge still, so I imagine it's a hold. I would have expected that to happen on the 12th when I placed the order though.

It was out of stock when I ordered it, so I guess this activity at the very least means that they have it in stock now and will be shipping in the next few days.

Just a guy waiting for a toy. Real 1st world problems. I'm just glad I may not have to wait until the 25th because I'll be out of town for a week starting the 24th.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
thank you both for your replies. It's a pending charge still, so I imagine it's a hold. I would have expected that to happen on the 12th when I placed the order though.

It was out of stock when I ordered it, so I guess this activity at the very least means that they have it in stock now and will be shipping in the next few days.

Just a guy waiting for a toy. Real 1st world problems. I'm just glad I may not have to wait until the 25th because I'll be out of town for a week starting the 24th.

Not a first world problem at all, it's exciting when you're that much closer to getting your new "toy"

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's a pending charge still, so I imagine it's a hold. I would have expected that to happen on the 12th when I placed the order though.

Most banks can only 'hold' funds from someone's account for 24 business hours. So, they generally don't do that unless they know they can ship in the next 24 business hours. I guess they could issue a new hold it every 3 days if they wanted to?

Legally, banks can hold funds for up to 30 days. But most have policies much less than that - the norm is to have 24 'business' hours or 3 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.