If we get a mini it'll probably be ugly.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Zellio, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

It'll probably also crash all the time... Well the video will crash so often that you won't notice if the vid or it is.

2. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

3. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

I believe the Mac Mini is the only Mac that hasn't undergone a major design change since it became all aluminum in 2010.

MacBook Air was redesigned in 2010.
    MacBook Pro was redesigned in 2012.
    iMac was redesigned in 2012.
    MacPro was redesigned in 2013.
    Mac Mini redesign in 20??

I'm wondering what a redesigned Mac Mini might look like.

4. janitor3 macrumors regular

Mac Mini redesign in 2014, just in time for Xmas holidays. :D

5. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

Yup. Apple would be foolish not to LOAD UP the pipeline with some seriously cool products for this upcoming holiday season. BIG SALES!

6. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

What?

7. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

The macbook air had a mild redesign into the smaller perfect teardrop form in late 2010, it's been the same look since (Except the 2010 model didn't have backlight on keys). The mac mini was updated in mid 2010.

Although it's really up for debate as to rather or not the macbook air redesign was 'major'....

8. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

No offence to Alphabetize, but I think the redesign of the 2010 Macbook Air was much more significant than the redesign of the Retina Macbook Pro. One could argue that the Macbook Pro hasn't really had a redesign since 2008, I personally think literally just slimming it and nixing the optical drive doesn't really count.

In any case, on topic, I also think the mini is long overdue for a design change, but part of me prays they just give us a processor / igpu bump because when I get a new mini, I'd prefer to be able to upgrade my RAM and HD myself.

But since the Mac Pro now has a smaller footprint than the mini, I have a bad feeling that Apple will simply wait it out until the cpu can offer a similar performance to todays mini, but in a micro soldered package.

9. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

What would you think would count? The rMBP is significantly different than the unibody MBP that came before it. Every time I sit next to someone with a rMBP I get a little jealous. It's significantly thinner, it makes my MBP look old and clunky.

10. cypriot macrumors regular

True and the speed difference makes it worse.