if we preordered it and it isn't set to ship till 10/21 do....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Oct 11, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

people who go to the store have a better chance at getting it?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

they would have a better chance at getting it on day 1, yes, because you won't get it on day 1, and people who go to the store at least have a chance

some people last year who missed the preorder went to the store, got one, and then cancelled their preorder. You could try that. Not sure how the upgrades worked out though...may want to go to ATT so they can cancel your preorder and restore your upgrade status there once you know you will be getting a phone...Apple employees may not have the training/capability to do that

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

seems like the point of preordering would be to get it release day, or at least before those who didn't preorder...i'm currently phoneless that's why it sucks. when i placed my order it said 10/14, now the email says 10/21 :(

----------

i'm actually with verizon

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A certain amount was set aside for pre-orders and another amount for stores
    Once the pre-order amounts were gone, the shipping dates slipped
    The store amounts have not been used yet and will go quickly in the stores launch day

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I preordered approx 22 hours after reorders began and I'm looking at getting it around the 21st. No big deal for me. I'd much rather have the phone come to me than wait in long lines with no guarantee that I'll get one. For me, it's not that big of a deal to wait in exchange for convenience...

6. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

When did you place your order?