If you are looking for a 17" iMac...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by twoehr, Aug 29, 2014.

1. twoehr macrumors member

Newegg has some refurbished ones. They are today's "shell shocker" deal @ $109.

Details are sparse as they just reuse the original copy, "the fastest iMac ever". No idea what speed the processor is. If it could be upgraded to 2 GB, I'd consider getting on to run at least Lion.

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Strange... here's the product link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4EK1WK1769

But the strange part is that it says that the graphics card is the Geforce 7300GT - to my knowledge (and a search of everymac.com specs), no 17" iMac came with that card; that's the card from the 24" of that era, right?

My guess is that it'll be a 1.83GHz C2D and integrated graphics - off-lease education models.

Still, a great price for a pretty capable machine. :)

3. lysola macrumors member

Damn. A bit of a dinosaur by today's standards but still not a bad deal. Looking to get my folks into using OSX and this might be the perfect practice machine. They're always against it "because it's so expensive" so I might have to send this their way. At least it'll get 'em used to the OS and less scared to move away from dreaded Windows. Ugh.

4. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

I have one of these 1.83 17" iMacs, and running SL and loving it, the thing si fast, responsive, and for general usage, (eb, text, music, etc) is more than capable....

5. meownerelvi macrumors newbie

think so,. At least it'll get 'em used to the OS and less scared to move away from dreaded Windows.[​IMG]

6. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer