If you are not "exhausted" with Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JPGR_Fan, Jun 22, 2015.

1. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Here is an interesting post by someone most photographers are familiar with.

About an hour before Apple capitulated last night, I suggested some college courses for Taylor to help her grow out of the "long list of ex-lovers" stage of her career. She might learn the word "hypocrisy" in the English class.

http://photofocus.com/2015/06/22/to-taylor-swift-love-photofocus/

2. truettray macrumors 6502

truettray

There's a similar article over at PetaPixel... glad this issue is getting some attention.

3. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Another rant / point of view on the subject from Jared Polin:

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

What does any of that seriously have to do with photography? The contract topic is a legal issue and nothing to do with cameras, lenses, apertures, shutter speeds, ISO, composition...etc. If you don't want to execute a contract....don't, You don't want to shoot a performer, don't.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Jared? Rant? That doesn't sound like him :D

I have tbh I don't really give a monkeys about what Swiftie has to say. I'm not really a follower of pop music.

6. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Haha I know, Jared and a rant? :D I mean I don't always agree with him but he has quite a few good points in this.

Yep, same over here.

7. macgeek88 Suspended

Good post.

She drives me crazy with the way she writes songs about everyone who ever in her mind wrongs her without taking any blame whatsoever. That quote from Blank Space says it all for me "got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane". Well Taylor, if you've got more than one or two people saying something, it's probably true and maybe you are the problem, not the guys you are dating and maybe you are what they say. I think you are, at least that's the way you come across.

8. Melizard macrumors 6502

Melizard

I get that photographers have an issue with her legal contracts... but this thread is starting to turn into a trashy gossip column. Perhaps it would be better to focus on the issue (i.e., is it fair for photographers to sign these sorts of contracts), rather than bashing some celebrity.

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

10. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

She's a selfish skank. There. Had to be said. Can't wait for to disappear. Forever.

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

A lot of good music is written about "break-ups". If you can make good money writing about failed relationships why not. Look at Adele and Sam Smith as examples almost every song on their albums was about a failed relationship. They both need another failed relationship for their next albums.

With regard to the main point of the article her management company has already debunked some of the details released about her contracts for photographers.

12. macgeek88 Suspended

I know. I mean, one of the reasons Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" was so great is because everyone was in bad relationships and were writing passionate songs about each other.

I just don't like how she thinks she's always the victim. She just seems childish to me and not very mature.

I guess I'm talking more about her as a person and not her music, which is popular and about breakups for sure.

13. JPGR_Fan thread starter macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

I admire your command of the language, however,: "her management company", is equivalent to her lawyers, not her impassioned self; "has already", as if immediacy is all that relevant; "debunked", my, you give the lawyers (not under oath) so much credit; "some of", exactly.

So here's the deal, Tay-Tay went out of her way to be the hero of Indie musicians, aka artists. Photographers are also artists (how do I know? Because some of them are starving, and quite a few have their efforts hanging on the walls of museums, etc). But she, who is so large and in charge, lets her "management company" force draconian terms on photographers, including threats to bust up their equipment without any further due process, etc. It is hypocrisy and should be called out.

Until this came up, I was a big TS fan, and still think Blank Space is an advanced musical effort.