If you are on the Sprint Framily Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ariadnerentz, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ariadnerentz macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

Not sure if theres a thread for this already, if so, I apologize.

But to be safe I tried to buy a dummy iPhone 5C from the apple store, and I ended up getting an error that didn't allow me to do so.

For background info, I currently have an iPhone 5s, that I bought on launch last year from the app store, but I signed up for an upgrade.

Anyway, I received an error staying that my plan was not supported by apple and that I would have to call sprint. When speaking to sprint, they told me that if you are on the sprint framily plan, you can't pre-order from the app store tmrw morning/tonight.

I want to confirm this with apple themselves later. But it seems that I will have to preorder from sprint this time around which is quite upsetting.

Anyone else in the same boat? They also told me that I can pre-order through best buy and radio shack. But essentially, sprint told me if you want to get a phone, the only way to do so if through sprint themselves, or RS and BB. =/

2. urkel macrumors 68030

You get the same error/redirect if you try checking the estimator on an unsubsidized sprint iPhone 6. So it seems like unsubsidized Sprint users may not be able to buy through Apple.com.

I went into Best Buy to see if they'd be able to preorder unsubsidized Sprint phones but got a mixed bag of info. They claimed they aren't officially part of the Sept 12 preorder. They said Sprint models still do have a different antenna in the 6 so inventory may be offered only for subsidized contract upgrades. And, as usual, Best Buy overcharges on handset prices so he didn't know what the unsubsidized pricing will be but it won't be retail.

So that leaves Sprint as the ONLY place to buy an unsubsidized launch phone. And that scares the crud out of me because they seem to screw these things up every year.

3. ariadnerentz thread starter macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

I have never bought a phone with sprint. Always with apple directly. I mean, looks like I have no choice right now. So either way, 3am tonight, I will be on sprints website ready to go. I have pre-registered as well. I mean, theres nothing else to do at this point. Oh well. =/

4. Praesto macrumors regular

I pre-ordered my last Iphone through Sprint directly. No hassel and was easy.

I think pre-ordering through Apple or a service provider (Sprint,ATT,Verizon) ends with the same results.

5. ariadnerentz thread starter macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

When you last pre-ordered with sprint, how long did it take for you to get the phone after launch day?

6. Praesto macrumors regular

I pre-ordered late and was initially set to be in the second wave, I recieved my phone 5 days after launch. Not sure what the experience is like if you make it into the first wave, but it should be less than 5 days if not immediately.

7. msp3 macrumors member

Hi, has no luck signing up by myself, so I'm looking someone who's willing to give me their address, I'll change mine to match it, and then one of us can call in and ask sprint to change my plan over to framily. Reliable 2-line sprint couple here. Let me know thanks!

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There are plenty of websites out there with people wanting to add others to their Framily plans. There's even a website that deals directly with this: http://www.framilycodes.com/

Most people on this site are not on Sprint.