If you brush yer teefs, will you resist eating/drinking?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by devilot, Feb 21, 2008.

?

You've already brushed your teeth then crave food/drink, do you go for it or not?

1. Yes! I'll just brush my teefs again afterwards.

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Nopers, I'm a lazy bum and don't wanna bother brushing again.

35 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. *oink* I'll eat/drink but just not bother brushing again.

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

So, I guess I'm supremely lazy. Heh. Heh. At any rate... like the title suggests, do you ever brush your teeth and then start to want to eat or drink something (not water)?

And if so, will you refrain resist your urges to avoid having to brush again? Or do you just go for it and brush afterwards? Or do you eat/drink and then not bother brushing?! :eek:

(And note: I purposefully left out the cop-out option of, "Depends how hungry/ tired I am!")

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the only reason why i'd be hesitant to eat or drink something after brushing is that whatever i'd eat/drink would taste funny. but usually, it won't stop me from eating or drinking again.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

what I want to know, is who brushes their teeth if they are hungry? But then again, I only brush twice a day, once when i get up, and once when I go to bed, so I wouldn't really have a chance to be hungry.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

weird topic but i guess they are the ones that draw me in more. i dont brush my teeth with toothpaste anymore as it makes my mouth dry which water cant fix only watery food like fruit or something.

so i just brush my teeth with an electric toothbrush and water now. ive asked the dentist and he said its fine. dont use toothpaste its evil i tells ya! :devilhorns:.

if im hungry after brushing i wont eat any junk food that gets stuck in my teeth, only fruit, juice, soft food, avocado! (mmm...) and then i wont brush afterwards.

5. devilot thread starter Moderator emeritus

devilot

You never think, "Oh, I'm tired, I'll get ready for bed then I can just crash when I'm totally pooped?" I'll decide I'll get ready... and then I wind up staying up later than I anticipated and get hungry. :eek:

But that's like, got sugar. And lots of it. And I just figure it's probably not great to let it sit on your teeth for x hours while you sleep. :eek: I ono. *childhood dentistry trauma*

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

haha nope, I am a procrastinator, so brushing my teeth is the last thing I do before bed. Plus I eat non stop, so I'm probably eating up until I go to bed anyways.

7. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Same here.

I usually don't think of eating after I brush my teeth, mainly because I would've just had breakfast before brushing.

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

All tooth paste isn't evil, just the things that name brands put into tooth paste. Most notibly, floride.. Very bad for you... and it can also be found in tap water (along with other poisens like chlorine.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

x2

And yes I know you guys hate those. But this guy basically just said exactly what I'd say, so why waste my time trying to re-word the same words?

Well I've wasted my time already, so guess it doesn't make a difference...

Ok back to your regular toothbrushing program...

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

what? i completely disagree. fluoride is very good for your teeth and acts as a dilute bleach which whitens your teeth and kills bacteria. the fluoride put in water and toothpaste is a very dilute salt most probably sodium fluoride and not a poisoness pungent gas like fluorine or chlorine. sorry its just funny when people compare fluoride to chlorine as i study chem at uni :p

i only drink filtered tap water which filters out the heavy metals which deposit from the pipes but leaves fluoride. so i guess you can say i dont need to use toothpaste albeit there are tiny coarse granules which polish your teeth which i dont take advantage of.

i meant toothpaste is evil to me as my mouth doesnt like it! but i would definitely recommend using toothpaste to everyone else as its very good for your teeth. jsut get the good ones from colgate or oral-b.

11. devilot thread starter Moderator emeritus

devilot

I caved. :eek:

Just made the perfect poached egg and served it atop a small slice of sourdough toast (buttered for once). Mm. It's like I didn't even eat anything. :D Sigh. Sort of hungry still. *oink* :(

Oh well, I'll drink water. Off to brush my teefs again...

12. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

and then you can snack after that. :)

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'll avoid eating after I brush my teeth, but only if it's at night.

14. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I dont usually eat after I brush my teeth. I avoid having snacks after 10 or so because it'll give you a belly. :p

15. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I was actually in this situation last night :)

I had dinner and then brushed my teeth, but about an hour later I was still hungry (I had a huge dinner though...). I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat again because I knew I'd have to brush my teeth. But I decided to do it, and it was worth it :D

16. Apemanblues macrumors regular

Apemanblues

I brush other peoples teeth. Then I don't feel hungry anymore.

17. protozoa macrumors regular

It's a constant battle trying to keep my kids from eating snacks after they brush.

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

19. geekgirl macrumors regular

My dentist told me that brushing more than twice a day can harm the enamel on your teeth. He also gave me crap for brushing too hard (had problems with teeth sensitivity, due to brushing too often and too hard).

I still brush my teeth before leaving the house, if I've had anything to eat. So, still brushing 4 times a day sometimes, just very gently...

20. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

I brush my teeth on a regular basis, but I refrain from eating after I brush my teeth. I hate that aftertaste you get when eating something like a Granny Smith Apple. If I'm real thirsty I'll drink some water but I really hate that aftertaste. I'm weird I know. :p

21. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Sometimes I'll get ready for bed and brush my teeth, only to need a snack because my blood glucose is a little on the low side. Generally, I can't be arsed to brush them again. :eek:

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

23. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yup yup yup :D

24. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

No, I don't eat after I brush my teeth usually because the food then tastes like crap.

Ever brush your teeth and then drink apple juice. Try it, its good.. :eek:

25. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

My cousins a dental surgeon, he reckons this is ok, i only use toothpaste when i can be bothered, but i do use mouthwash daily, a nice orangy one, but hell i'll eat all kinds of junk after brushing, no worries, But i do like a good brush before bed ..........