If you can't pre order one or camp out ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

How long do you think it will take to get one in?

I'm not authorized user and won't be able to be made one before pre-order day (gotta discuss the what if's if the authorized user wants to leave as it means he either has to trust that I'll keep paying on the account and keep his credit good or put the account in my name which I wouldn't mind but years ago my ID was stolen and I never got all of it cleared. While it's gotten better and I even have an Amex now it's not totally clear so it's not a gaurentee AT&T would let the account be transferred).

So I'll probably have to wait til my roommate gets a chance to see one in person (he's going to regret this as I'm goign to be bugging him to go to Apple or AT&T to look at one. Not that I'm being spiteful , I just know I'm going to be obnoxious about it as patience is not a virtue of mine). Hopefully I can get him to go look at one within a week of it coming out.

So... ideal circumstance and I get him to go look at it in a week and he decides he wants one (or he doesn't but doesn't mind me renewing the contract with stipulations above), how long do you think I'll be waiting since I can't pre-order (basically how much backup do you think they'll have).

MY roommate btw thinks I'm insane that I want one opening day (it's more that I fear if I don't get in an early order it may be a very long wait for one to get ordered).

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I don't think it will be anything to write home about. I don't think it'l be a problem walking into one of the retailers in the following weeks and picking one up. Apple knows it will be in great demand.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

You'll be able to get one if you plan to go to an Apple store. Usually they have a bunch at launch and get new phones almost daily.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

No worries, Apple has a huge supply to sell this time. They're both smart & greedy. They're not going to miss getting your money... :)

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have also heard that there are LOTS of new iPhones in stock and there should be lots of stock. This would be a first and I would like to see this or everyone.

6. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I have never understood why so many people would be willing to camp out for the iphone :rolleyes:

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Based on the fact more 3rd party US stores are selling them (BB, Radioshack, WallyWorld), and the launch will be in 10 countries, and just 9 days after preordering starts, I don't foresee an "instant" sellout.

Also Jobs made it clear he knows Apple is competing w/ Droid, and if iPhones are not readily available some people are likely to just go buy an Incredible or Evo. So while there might be spot shortages of one model or color at some particular store or in some region, generally I don't think it will be hard to get one after launch w/o a preorder. Camping out is so unnecessary.

8. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ah cool. It just kinda bugged me cause I was thinking they may have a much larger demand if they're allowing everyone whose eligibility is up in 2010 to get one now.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No, you are correct. Demand will likely be huge if only b/c of the sheer number of upgrade eligible customers x 10 countries. But it seems Apple is well prepared on the manufacturing side. Supply will meet demand and then some.