Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbk16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
IF my daughter were to decide to sell her iPhone and move to a Blackberry - how does AT&T handle that? Because I know you sign a 2 year agreement which includes data plan, BUT you would be replacing it with a data plan of equal value....

I greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer :)

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
IF the BB was bought or gave (no contract needed to obtain device) just swap sim into the BB and your done.
Pretty simple ehhh :)

Now if she is wanting the BB email (Exchange server) junk that might require a different data plan but AT&T will gladly switch you to it (think its more $$)

bbk16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
so you aren't locked to the $30 a month iPhone data plan? meaning i could swap her to the $30 a month Blackberry plan no problem? because they are different plans and changes would have to be made to the account obviously. just wanting to make sure AT&T will do it and not give us problems.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I just did this. It is seamless from your point of view. Just get the BB, and have AT&T switch her line over to use it. The BB data plan and the iPhone data plan are the same price, so you won't notice a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.