Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcatfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I am waiting on IOS 11. My devices work just fine right now (all are 6 with a couple mini 3's).

The update has shown up on some devices, though (a "1" under settings). If I decide to do this at a later date, will it automatically update to 11.XX at the time or does it go through 11 and then the minor updates?

How do I get rid of whatever the current update is?

Thank you.

idrisinan

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
Me too
18f7603c6816a6e99d5ed4ea9f62d1e1.png

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I am waiting on IOS 11. My devices work just fine right now (all are 6 with a couple mini 3's).

The update has shown up on some devices, though (a "1" under settings). If I decide to do this at a later date, will it automatically update to 11.XX at the time or does it go through 11 and then the minor updates?

Thank you.

It will update to the latest version.

bearcatfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
So if just do nothing right now, but at some point in time want to go to 11.whatever, it will automatically download and update to 11.whatever? I don't have to get 11.0 first, then 11.01, etc?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Thank you.
Might want to go to the storage settings and delete the downloaded update from there.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

bearcatfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Thank you all ... I did delete what Apple downloaded (although on at least one device I still have the annoying "1" notification under software update. I guess to helpfully remind me it's available anytime lol).

Is there a way to get rid of that notification on the settings button?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.